Roster Manipulation

Daz Cameron last played on the field on June 8 against Pittsburgh (one week ago).

Jason Beck reported today that AJ Hinch has stated that Since Cameron has been out this long, he certainly will have to go through a rehab assignment.

https://www.mlb.com/tigers/news/tigers-injuries-and-roster-moves

#1 I didn't know that riding the pine for one week was considered noteworthy as a long time?  Seems like I've seen several players spend a week+ in the dug out without having to follow a path thru Toledo to get back on the field?

#2 Can't imagine AJ placing such a requirement upon Baez or Cabrera

Not that it bothers me that Cameron  will be off duty for a while longer. I just bring this up for those of you who tried to lampoon my observations about Reyes being manipulated as some sort of FAKE injury conspiracy... to acknowledge that something real is going on.

Hey, they can send these guys down as often as they like so long as they still have options, and I won't care. I just think the "packaging" we are being given is a little dressed up, to skirt roster limits.

18 minutes ago, Useful Idiot said:

Daz Cameron last played on the field on June 8 against Pittsburgh (one week ago).

Jason Beck reported today that AJ Hinch has stated that Since Cameron has been out this long, he certainly will have to go through a rehab assignment.

#1 I didn't know that riding the pine for one week was considered noteworthy as a long time?  Seems like I've seen several players spend a week+ in the dug out without having to follow a path thru Toledo to get back on the field?

Not that it bothers me that Cameron  will be off duty for a while longer. I just bring this up for those of you who tried to lampoon my observations about Reyes being manipulated as some sort of FAKE injury conspiracy... to acknowledge that something real is going on.

Hey, they can send these guys down as often as they like so long as they still have options, and I won't care. I just think the "packaging" we are being given is a little dressed up, to skirt roster limits.

I agree rehab has become a crutch for inaction. A 25 yr old doesn't lose his ability to bat in a week.

• Like 1

You don't need to create a new thread every time a thought enters your mind.  There  are so many threads now, I can never find the thread with the topic I am looking for. 

I would appreciate an update on the Tigers record when Reyes starts though.  

Edited by Tiger337
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

43 minutes ago, Useful Idiot said:

This is because they are too gutless to DFA Robbie Grossman

Hey, great guy, nice guy, good team guy.  Has no value to the future of this franchise because THIS SEASON IS OVER.  

Just DFA Him. 

"Hey Robbie, we appreciate what you did for us, but we have to see what we've got with the kids and if they will improve and they have to get AB.   You can find a spot on a better team that needs a veteran right now.  Here's your check, best of luck."

Not hard.  

Candy up, Kody down

Greene up, Robbie DFA'd.

It's not hard.  

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Tiger337 said:

You don't need to create a new thread every time a thought enters your mind.  There  are so many threads now, I can never find the thread with the topic I am looking for. 

Yeah, it probably does feel to you as though I'm rubbing it in a bit.  Not that you don't deserve it. :classic_love:

30 minutes ago, Tiger337 said:

, I can never find the thread with the topic I am looking for. 

See? That is just it.  Your priorities and mine likely differ. Just because you are less interested than I am in  specious arguments about roster decisions, is no reason why my interest deserves to get buried in some "dog catcher" thread 18 pages long.

I've started 4 new threads since May 5. Learn to love them

3 hours ago, Useful Idiot said:

He was on the covid list. Probably recuperating instead of working out and needs to get back in game shape. Much ado about nothing.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Tiger337 said:

I would appreciate an update on the Tigers record when Reyes starts though.  

I think you have this author confused with someone else.

19 hours ago, Tiger337 said:

I guess that I am just feeling charitable today, but I'm going to agree with you. I will no longer start new threads every time a  thought enters my mind. Henceforth, I will start new threads only when I believe a particular topic is not receiving adequate attention.   And If I'm ever in doubt, I'll PM you for guidance.

That is, however, my final offer. 

16 hours ago, Tigermojo said:

He was on the covid list. Probably recuperating instead of working out and needs to get back in game shape. Much ado about nothing.

Then why did A.J. not say exactly that?   He specifically stated that it was a matter of the amount of time off.  If he intended to cite "covid protocols", I'm confident he is capable of making that distinction. Keep in mind we are talking about an organization that insisted "this in not a salary dump" back when it was obviously all about shedding payroll, assured us that their embrace of advanced analytics was the key to our successful future, and that coming out of the gate this spring  "every game counts".

I suggest that this organization might  be self-deluded?  (or worse)

Maybe the team's failures are due to a chemistry problem, starting at the top? Just a thought

Edited by Useful Idiot

34 minutes ago, Useful Idiot said:

Then why did A.J. not say exactly that?   He specifically stated that it was a matter of the amount of time off.  If he intended to cite "covid protocols", I'm confident he is capable of making that distinction. Keep in mind we are talking about an organization that insisted "this in not a salary dump" back when it was obviously all about shedding payroll, assured us that their embrace of advanced analytics was the key to our successful future, and that coming out of the gate this spring  "every game counts".

I suggest that this organization might  be self-deluded?  (or worse)

Maybe the team's failures are due to a chemistry problem, starting at the top? Just a thought

Do doubt AJ is quite capable of spinning with the best of them.