07/09/2022 2:10 EDT Detroit Tigers at Chicago White Sox

casimir

I wonder if watching the "we give up" plate approaches from this game pisses AJ off?  I cant imagine being a manager and NOT getting irate, throw some chairs, punch some sacks, and finally freak the f*ck out on my players after watching them go up and completely mail it in like that.

2 hours ago, Dtrain72 said:

I wonder if watching the "we give up" plate approaches from this game pisses AJ off?  I cant imagine being a manager and NOT getting irate, throw some chairs, punch some sacks, and finally freak the f*ck out on my players after watching them go up and completely mail it in like that.

They fell behind early.  It’s the middle of a 19 games in 17 days stretch.  They lost this game after 6 straight wins.  They’ve all but put an advert in the papers in order to patch up the pitching staff.  I like the premise of digging into the opponent’s bullpen when there are still games left in the series.  At the same time, it’s baseball, and every team has a crap game now and again.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, casimir said:

They fell behind early.  It’s the middle of a 19 games in 17 days stretch.  They lost this game after 6 straight wins.  They’ve all but put an advert in the papers in order to patch up the pitching staff.  I like the premise of digging into the opponent’s bullpen when there are still games left in the series.  At the same time, it’s baseball, and every team has a crap game now and again.

I agree for the most part, teams lose and have clunkers, but it's just how they lost after they fell behind...didnt work any counts, lazy approaches, basically looked like they gave up after falling behind against a fragile sox team.