11/20/2022 6:00 EST Detroit Pistons vs Sacramento Kings

casimir

9 hours ago, buddha said:

gave up 137 to the kings.  wow.

Sacramento is leading the league in scoring.  Detroit gives up the second most points per game in the league.  What was surprising to me was that the Pistons were able to keep up with and actually have the lead over the Kings for much of the game. 

I honestly don't remember the last time I've seen the Pistons hit the century mark before the 3rd quarter was over.  Heck, I'm old enough to remember occasional final scores in the 60s/70s.  120 points used to win people in attendance free pizzas.

Watching Ivey and Duren is a treat.  Hopefully they stay healthy and mature as expected.  Sure, they're rookies and make rookie mistakes.  But Ivey also plays with some reckless abandon and tried to take over the game last night.  Duren is just so tough to handle down low at times despite not having a refined game at this point.

When the three ball is going you can score some points, but you aren't stopping anyone with that front line out there. It was looking better with Duren in the game, but Casey did Casey things in the last 6 minutes to throw this thing away. As soon as he put Bagley back in they targeted him and went to work. Not to mention giving up second chance points because he couldn't rebound the ball. Bagley is an absolute train wreck on defense. Also, Killian iso against a double team for a mid-range floater is not what you need coming out of a timeout down the stretch of a close game.

Three games on this road trip so far and all three were winnable with a coach who could get this team to play better than the sum of their parts rather than below it.

Not that anyone is rooting for wins right now. Tank crowd is full steam ahead just 18 games into the season. This is going to be a loooong 5 months.