Cade is done for the season

Betrayer

46 minutes ago, buddha said:

sigh.  

better for draft position, but not good for development.

yeah - you really wanted to see his eFG% at a higher level before the end of this season - now that's pushed back. I've gotten progressively more pessimistic about Cade. Aside from not being able to get or stay on the court and despite being able to be the dominant player on a bad team, at least occasionally, I'm not sure I see the dominant player of a good team. Hope he proves otherwise.

Edited by gehringer_2

57 minutes ago, gehringer_2 said:

yeah - you really wanted to see his eFG% at a higher level before the end of this season - now that's pushed back. I've gotten progressively more pessimistic about Cade. Aside from not being able to get or stay on the court and despite being able to be the dominant player on a bad team, at least occasionally, I'm not sure I see the dominant player of a good team. Hope he proves otherwise.

i see a dominant player.  not sure if he has the dominant mentality.  he's been at his best when he takes over offensively, but too often he spends his time playing point guard and making sure everyone is getting their shots.

that's not a terrible trait to have, and if he develops into a 6'7 chris paul that will be awesome.  but i want to see the cade we seem to see every 4th quarter to be the cade we see in quarters 1-3 too.

he's also very young still.  lots of time to become a more consistent shooter and to get bigger physically.

passing to victor will also help.  😉

14 hours ago, casimir said:

To my wholly unqualified eye, Cunningham seemed to have a bit more aggressive play offensively this season than he did last season.

I agree.

Funny thing is.  Him being more aggressive looking to score will help him facilitate more.  Once he heats up the opponent will start to send doubles to him.  Then he will really be able to showcase his excellent passing ability.  

48 minutes ago, Deleterious said:

I agree.

Funny thing is.  Him being more aggressive looking to score will help him facilitate more.  Once he heats up the opponent will start to send doubles to him.  Then he will really be able to showcase his excellent passing ability.  

That makes perfect sense. 

I'm not surprised to see him be more aggressive this season.  Guys develop differently.  He was a rookie last season, and that started out late for him.  So he's trying to pick up being a pro on the court, meanwhile teammates and opponents have 10-15 games under their belts.  It might not seem like much, but to a rookie, that could be something.

I would like to see Bey on the bench despite this Cunningham set back.  I think his future with the Pistons is as wing off of the bench.  And maybe he isn't really a long term player for the Pistons.  But he seems to be playing better off of the bench, and at the very least, that might help his trade value.

This opens up ample playing time for Hayes for Detroit to see what he can do.  Its probably no better than 3rd guard, but there's value in that if he can accept it.  It wouldn't be the same trio as Thomas/Dumars/Johnson, but can Cunningham/Ivey/Hayes develop into an upper playoff guard trio?

Stewart's outside game development could provide some real dividends to opening up the lane.  Just keeping the opponent honest by providing some risk at double teaming Cunningham.  He has learned to stay out of foul trouble which seemed to plague him early on and he seems to have matured a bit on the court.  Can he add another tool in the 3 to his belt?

Edit to add:  It sucks to see Cunningham lose his sophomore season.  But there are still opportunities to improve upon a possible core (primary or secondary) of the team for the future.  Or at least figure out who can be a viable part of a playoff rotation.

Edited by casimir