01/28/2023 7:00 EST Houston Rockets vs Detroit Pistons

casimir

Duren is showing some really encouraging signs on defense.  That block on Fernando tonight was impressive.  There was a similar block against NJ where he was called for a bs foul.  He's going strait up in a manner that you want you to see to avoid fouling.  Averaging a block and steal per game in January.  

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Deleterious said:

BTW, tonight was a good example of why Ivey should not be a PG or #1 facilitator.  

He's frustrating at times for sure.  I think part of the problem is he is being too unselfish.  He'll have a lane to drive or an open shot and he'll dish it to a guy who is more covered than he is.  And he loves no look passes to the point he often makes them when they are not necessary, which leads to some turnovers.  But I am not completely writing him off long term.  Cade is a much better passer but has other issues.  And it feels like it has to be one of those guys for now.

I will save us all some time and lay out what is going to happen the next 10 months.

Knox, McGruder, and Joseph win us some meaningless games in March.  

We end up with the 4th worst record.

We drop to 9th in the lottery.

A new head coach is hired.  We all go on about what a great hire he is.  None of us knew his name before he was hired.

We draft a kid at #9 none of us have ever seen play for one minute.

After the introductory press conference we all say, "I don't know what it is about <9th draft pick> but he really seems to have the it factor."  We end the post with Detroit vs Everyone or whatever T-Shirt slogan is popular at the time.

<9th draft pick> has a mediocre summer league.  But in one of the games he goes off for 22 points while being guarded by the 5'11" third string Venezuelan national team player.  Jordan/Wilt/Lebron comps flood the board.  Change the comps to Bird/Luka if <9th draft pick> is white.

Between summer league and training camp someone will post a tweet showing <9th draft pick> hitting 5 jumpers.  We will rave about his jumper looking better in an empty gym with no defenders.  IG or Tik Tok is also acceptable here.

<9th draft pick> will have an OK pre season showing a few things, but overall rather average.  And during the third preseason game you swear you saw a blue glowing hologram image of Greg Monroe, Stanley Johnson, and Brandon Knight hoovering over the LCA court, sort of like Yoda and Obi Wan.

I post the 2024 draft thread before the end of the third quarter of game #1.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

45 minutes ago, Deleterious said:

I will save us all some time and lay out what is going to happen the next 10 months.

Knox, McGruder, and Joseph win us some meaningless games in March.  

We end up with the 4th worst record.

We drop to 9th in the lottery.

A new head coach is hired.  We all go on about what a great hire he is.  None of us knew his name before he was hired.

We draft a kid at #9 none of us have ever seen play for one minute.

After the introductory press conference we all say, "I don't know what it is about <9th draft pick> but he really seems to have the it factor."  We end the post with Detroit vs Everyone or whatever T-Shirt slogan is popular at the time.

<9th draft pick> has a mediocre summer league.  But in one of the games he goes off for 22 points while being guarded by the 5'11" third string Venezuelan national team player.  Jordan/Wilt/Lebron comps flood the board.  Change the comps to Bird/Luka if <9th draft pick> is white.

Between summer league and training camp someone will post a tweet showing <9th draft pick> hitting 5 jumpers.  We will rave about his jumper looking better in an empty gym with no defenders.  IG or Tik Tok is also acceptable here.

<9th draft pick> will have an OK pre season showing a few things, but overall rather average.  And during the third preseason game you swear you saw a blue glowing hologram image of Greg Monroe, Stanley Johnson, and Brandon Knight hoovering over the LCA court, sort of like Yoda and Obi Wan.

I post the 2024 draft thread before the end of the third quarter of game #1.

Someone’s in a good mood.

Most perplexing thing about this game is Casey changing the lineup "to compete." Then we come out and lose to the worst team in the league without their 3 best players on the court. Laughable. Maybe bench the coach?

First, what are we competing for with the second worst record in the league? Shouldn't this be a development year? If it wasn't, it certainly is by now.

Second, how is starting Bey and Bogey at the forward positions considered competing anyway? That's literally the worst defensive forward combination in the entire league by a wide margin.

Third, what happened to the Stew+Duren lineup we were supposed to run out this year? Now Casey has Stew at Center fulltime and it just even more glaring how out of position he is at Center after seeing Duren in there. He was starting to show promise in growing into the Grant Williams-type PF role. Don't tell me it's because they don't have another Center - they do. Also, there's a thing called staggering lineups. Stew played only 21 minutes. Duren played only 27. These guys are 21 and 19 years old. Even if you refuse to play Noel, there's no reason those two can't play 30+ minutes and share the court more.

Fourth, back to Casey's inability to stagger a lineup. Killian's coming off the bench again even though you just got his confidence up and he was seemingly turning a corner over the past couple of months. Now he's off the bench only getting 25 minutes while Burks and Bogey get 30+? Go check his numbers in games where he plays over 30 mpg - 15.7 ppg, 8.1 ast, 4 reb, 45% fg, 36% 3pt, 54 TS. Not bad for a guy most of us had given up on at the start of the year.

If Casey is bad at lineups, bad at offensive schemes, bad at defensive schemes, bad at in-game strategy, then why is he the guy? Development? Take a look at these young guys not even getting 30 mpg, trying to function in broken offensive and defensive systems, clearly tuning out the coach, regressing on both ends of the court, and now getting benched for questionable reasons - tell me how he's developing players again? Tell me how he's not instilling a culture here that's hurting development? Show me the games where they're outhustling the other teams on both ends even though they're losing. Show me a Casey team that has overperformed expectations rather than under-performed them.

Edited by Betrayer