02/27/2023 7:00 EDT Detroit Pistons vs Charlotte Hornets

casimir

6 hours ago, Deleterious said:

I didn't watch but the box score looks good for Wiseman.  23 points in 27 minutes on 9-11 shooting.

There was a good stretch of the game where they were down by 20.  I turned it off after the 3rd.  Happened to see it got whittled down to 5 before losing by 11.  I don't want to minimize this game as a lot of garbage time.  There's a lot of work to do defensively.  But I think this trade could turn into a steal for Detroit.  Shot chart:

image.png.2d51ef8d450c53077f258c0cb5fb4c87.png

For what it's worth, Bagley's was pretty much the same:

image.png.122967dd41bb49c970eb725401985c9a.png

1 hour ago, NYLion said:

The Pistons aren't catching Charlotte. They might not even win 5 games the rest of the season. They're locked into 3rd because the Spurs and Rockets are historically bad.

the pistons and houston are equally terrible.

but the pistons are without cade and houston is WITH jalen green and jabari smith.  every day looks more and more like detroit made the right decision not to take green.  he has highlight reel athleticism but hasnt improved one bit yet.  still young obviously, but he has a lot of growing up to do to live up to his draft slot.

21 hours ago, Deleterious said:

Noel was always a throw in with the Burks deal.  NY needed to clear cap space for Brunson so they shipped Burks to us for absolutely nothing (Nikola Radičević and some 2nd round picks).  We basically got Burks for just taking on the Noel contract.  

Detroit received two 2nd round picks in the deal.

And i believe one of the 2nds was their own '23 back which is fairly valuable, and the one they gave up is protected.

Edited by Longgone

7 hours ago, Deleterious said:

You are right. But we also sent NY three second round picks.

From the Free Press:

"LAS VEGAS — The Detroit Pistons' most recent offseason trade with the New York Knicks became official Monday. And the deal has changed slightly from the initially agreed terms. 

The Pistons have acquired Alec Burks, Nerlens Noel, their own 2023 second-round pick, a 2026 second-round pick from either the Knicks or Minnesota Timberwolves and cash in exchange for the draft rights to Serbian point guard Nikola Radicevic and a protected second-round pick in 2025, the team announced. 

The Pistons were initially slated to receive a heavily protected 2024 second-round pick from the Miami Heat, rather than the 2026 pick from the Knicks or Timberwolves. "

I was at this game so I wasn't happy to hear we weren't fielding a NBA team. Would've been nice to at least see Ivey. Wiseman and Bagley both looked solid though. Of course, Livers has played more than 3 games now, so he's out with an injury again. Really wish that kid could stay on the court, but he could be a nice role player in the league.

Ball breaking his ankle is bad news, but I still think it's highly unlikely we pass CHA in the standings even though they struggled against our G-League team once Ball went out.

Good news is that SAN won a game. They also play HOU back to back this weekend, so somebody has to win those games.

We have 1 game remaining against HOU, which could be a big one.

That said, I'm not sure it matters where we fall if we don't land a top 3 seed. Picks 4-8 feels pretty tight talent-wise. So, as long as we're bottom 3 to land those top odds, that's all I'm worried about now.

4 hours ago, Longgone said:

From the Free Press:

"LAS VEGAS — The Detroit Pistons' most recent offseason trade with the New York Knicks became official Monday. And the deal has changed slightly from the initially agreed terms. 

The Pistons have acquired Alec Burks, Nerlens Noel, their own 2023 second-round pick, a 2026 second-round pick from either the Knicks or Minnesota Timberwolves and cash in exchange for the draft rights to Serbian point guard Nikola Radicevic and a protected second-round pick in 2025, the team announced. 

The Pistons were initially slated to receive a heavily protected 2024 second-round pick from the Miami Heat, rather than the 2026 pick from the Knicks or Timberwolves. "

looks like we sent them one second

https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/n/noelne01.html

July 11, 2022: Traded by the New York Knicks with cash, Alec Burks, a 2023 2nd round draft pick ( was later selected) and a 2026 2nd round draft pick ( was later selected) to the Detroit Pistons for Nikola Radičević and a 2025 2nd round draft pick ( was later selected). conditional 2025 2nd-rd pick is DET own 2023 2nd-rd pick is DET own 2026 2nd-rd pick is more favorable

1 hour ago, Deleterious said:

looks like we sent them one second

https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/n/noelne01.html

July 11, 2022: Traded by the New York Knicks with cash, Alec Burks, a 2023 2nd round draft pick ( was later selected) and a 2026 2nd round draft pick ( was later selected) to the Detroit Pistons for Nikola Radičević and a 2025 2nd round draft pick ( was later selected). conditional 2025 2nd-rd pick is DET own 2023 2nd-rd pick is DET own 2026 2nd-rd pick is more favorable

Boy, is that poorly worded.