NBA Info - April 2023

4 hours ago, Deleterious said:

The Bulls are also resting everyone.  Difference is they are locked into the playoff game.  Dallas could still get in as well but they don't want to.  They traded this years 1st round pick but it is top 10 protected.  So missing the play in would let them keep the pick.

Didn't think about that, so in their eyes "adding" a top 10 pick this year is worth more than being in a play in game? I think in general I'd agree with that but when you have a guy like Luka and even Kyrie you have a shot to make some noise in the playoffs especially given the competition. I mean if they got by the play in they get Memphis and nothing against them but I don't think it'd be that big of a stretch to see Dallas upset them.

15 minutes ago, Deleterious said:

WTF are they investigating?  Dallas pretty much admitted what they were doing.

Yeah when I read some of the quotes that I believe Kidd said yesterday I thought to myself "Wow I can't believe they are just openly admitting this." I know it would've been obvious but maybe they could've atleast lied and said something like they were giving their guys the night off to rest so they would be a 100% if they make the play in game and since Chicago was resting their guys they figured it would be a good game to do it. IDK something better than flat out saying that you are going to take a step back this year(miss playoffs keep the pick) for the long term health of your organization in the future. 

1 hour ago, RandyMarsh said:

Yeah when I read some of the quotes that I believe Kidd said yesterday I thought to myself "Wow I can't believe they are just openly admitting this." I know it would've been obvious but maybe they could've atleast lied and said something like they were giving their guys the night off to rest so they would be a 100% if they make the play in game and since Chicago was resting their guys they figured it would be a good game to do it. IDK something better than flat out saying that you are going to take a step back this year(miss playoffs keep the pick) for the long term health of your organization in the future. 

Not only did they sit healthy players, they pulled guys who got hot.  

Markieff Morris played 8 minutes and had 13 points and Kidd yanked him.  McGee had 9 points in 7 minutes and got yanked.  It was disgusting.

This clip he admits the decision came from his bosses.  I sort of wonder if he said this so everyone knew it was him doing this.

BTW, I think Minnesota could have avoided the play in game with a win.  Never a great time to punch a teammate, but during such an important game is even worse.  Especially since he will almost certainly be suspended for a game by the team and most likely miss the play in game.

The Dinwiddie-Kuzma feud is fun.  

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nba/kyle-kuzma-and-spencer-dinwiddies-bizarre-feud-sees-rick-fox-enter-the-fray/ar-AA19QCUt

As we did in our previous episode of Dinwiddie v. Kuzma, we must note Dinwiddie is doing some incredible stretching of truth and logic in order to criticize Kuzma.

For example, when Dinwiddie said he "led" the Nets to the playoffs in 2020, he probably doesn't want people to remember the Nets went 30-34 in games he played that season. Or that he has only played in three NBA playoffs in his career, not the last five or six. 

He had, in fact, played in six career playoff games, total, before last season.

Plus, not that we have to make Kuzma's argument for him, but bragging about reaching a conference finals while feuding with a person who has won a championship is a heck of a reach (Dinwiddie ranked fifth on the 2021-22 Mavericks in playoff minutes, Kuzma ranked sixth on the 2019-20 Lakers).

This is some delusional stuff from Dinwiddie, who previously said Kuzma left the Lakers for money (he was traded for Russell Westbrook) and that if Kuzma was good enough, the Lakers would have kept him (Dinwiddie has been traded four times in his career). None of this stuff is right, either in fact or in spirit, and it says a lot more about Dinwiddie than he thinks it does.

And, for some reason, he had to drag Rick Fox into this.

"Some people are blessed to be in situations. We don't get mad at Rick Fox for winning a championship with Kobe and Shaq. Some people are blessed and that's great, but we can't act like Rick Fox led them to a championship."

That naturally drew a response from Rick Fox. The three-time champion greeted Dinwiddie then noted he was a captain on those three championship teams: