Clutch Player of the Year
Jimmy Butler
DeMar DeRozan
De'Aaron Fox

Coach of the Year
Mike Brown
Mark Daigneault
Joe Mazzulla

I get the Mavs thought process but I still question it given the lack of high end teams in the West this year along with having some talent on their own team. 

If they were your run of the mill play in team that was playing for the rights to play your normal 60-65 win 1-2 seed Id get it but I don't think that is the case this year. Nobody wouldve been shocked if the Mavs upset Memphis for instance. 

Oh yeah for sure, if they didn't open their mouths they wouldn't have gotten "penalized"(put it in quotes cause I think it was a inconsequential penalty).

Even if people suspected you can't prove it unless you admit to it, they easily couldve said the players were a little banged up and they wanted them to be 100% for the last couple games and potential play in games. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, RandyMarsh said:

Oh yeah for sure, if they didn't open their mouths they wouldn't have gotten "penalized"(put it in quotes cause I think it was a inconsequential penalty).

Even if people suspected you can't prove it unless you admit to it, they easily couldve said the players were a little banged up and they wanted them to be 100% for the last couple games and potential play in games. 

i wouldnt say $750k is "inconsequential."  that's a lot of money even for a business that makes a lot of money.

8 hours ago, RandyMarsh said:

Exactly. Do what you have to do for your team and it's future, you can't really expect orgs to act against their self interest. You can expect them to shut up about it.

That tells you he's not making first team all-rookie even though he should over Mathurin. Problem is, people created the narrative around Math by week 8 of the season when he came out strong before falling off a cliff. Nobody watched the Pistons after Cade went down to see Ivey continue to get better and surpass Math as the season progressed.