10.16.21 Vancouver Canucks @ Detroit Red Wings 7pm

56 minutes ago, buddha said:

can he be any worse than gagner, smith, or rowley?  i guess smith is "muscle"?

I don't see minutes in the GR stats but I would assume that Veleno is probably playing the top minutes for all forwards and on all special teams, etc...

I'm OK with that if that is what he needs... He can come play in Detroit to cover injuries or, after the trade deadline, a permanent spot on what...? The 3rd line?

Oddball question(s): Should Rasmussen be dropped to 4th line Center? Is he a 3rd or 4th line Center? Or should he be pushed over to 3rd line Power Forward by Veleno? Is Vrana-Veleno-Rasmussen a 3rd line we'd like to see in the near future...?

rasmussen had a nice screen on zadina's goal.  he's still way too passive for a guy his size.  doesnt mix it up.  doesnt throw his weight around nearly enough.  he's developing into a big slow plugger who will be ok in front of the net and on special teams, but nothing special.

in the end, better than nothing, but you want better from #9 in the draft.

14 hours ago, 1984Echoes said:

Still young so hope there's a lot of improvement with him... But... I thought he was supposed to be a defensive defenseman and therefore... not be giving away the puck so damned much...?!

He always struck me more of a player that gets called a defensive defenseman because he doesn't have any offensive skills that pop rather than being particularly good at defense.  But that's just me.

12 hours ago, buddha said:

rasmussen had a nice screen on zadina's goal.  he's still way too passive for a guy his size.  doesnt mix it up.  doesnt throw his weight around nearly enough.  he's developing into a big slow plugger who will be ok in front of the net and on special teams, but nothing special.

The one hope is that a kid that big is still growing into his adult strength at 22. That is what is so incredibly impressive about Seider at 20. Yeah he's a big kid, but even given that he manhandles strong NHL players with amazing ease.

On 10/16/2021 at 10:30 PM, buddha said:

Funny you mention not mixing it up after talking the goal because he gave OEL a little shot after the Zadina goal, I've noticed him doing little things like that in other places too when he gets fired up:

Him and OEL mixed it up later in the game too I believe so I think they had something going