Calgary Flames @ Detroit Red Wings

14 minutes ago, Motor City Sonics said:

Um.........this goaltender is looking a bit shaky so far this season.   

I read something fairly interesting about the Wings' goalies over the last few seasons.  Bernier and Greiss both started off bad with the Wings when they first came to the team, just like how Nedeljkovic is now.  In all these cases they were coming from teams that gave up far less shots/scoring chances compared to the Wings' defense and it seems like it takes goalies some time to adjust.  Ned definitely had a better team in front of him in Carolina.  Hopefully he adjusts...

Wings go down to defeat. 3-0 loss.

So a low-key way to mark the 44th anniversary (a day late) of me becoming a Red Wings fan. October 20, 1977. Before then I had been first a Bobby Orr, then a Frank Mahovolich-Guy Lafleur-Ken Dryden Habs fan. I had been a die-hard Tigers fan, on the other hand, for years by then, having attended my first game at Tigers Stadium in 1973.

10 years old. Riding home from first hockey practice of year. Listening to the Wings-Habs game as the 0W 2L Red Wings nursed a late lead over the mighty Cup champ Habs. Somehow, for some reason, I became interested in the Wings hanging on. They didn't, but I was hooked by the 2-2 tie. A few weeks later was the real coming out party, as the by-then 9W 6L Wings beat the Flyers at a packed, raucous, Olympic. Ted Lindsay and Bobby Kromm: "Aggressive hockey is back in town".

Edited by lordstanley
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, lordstanley said:

Wings go down to defeat. 3-0 loss.

So a low-key way to mark the 44th anniversary (a day late) of me becoming a Red Wings fan. October 20, 1977. Before then I had been first a Bobby Orr, then a Frank Mahovolich-Guy Lafleur-Ken Dryden Habs fan. I had been a die-hard Tigers fan, on the other hand, for years by then, having attended my first game at Tigers Stadium in 1973.

10 years old. Riding home from first hockey practice of year. Listening to the Wings-Habs game as the 0W 2L Red Wings nursed a late lead over the mighty Cup champ Habs. Somehow, for some reason, I became interested in the Wings hanging on. They didn't, but I was hooked by the 2-2 tie. A few weeks later was the real coming out party, as the by-then 9W 6L Wings beat the Flyers at a packed, raucous, Olympic. Ted Lindsay and Bobby Kromm: "Aggressive hockey is back in town".

BTW, I know that it is not Tigers Stadium or Olympic arena. Have to up my game now that the edit tool expires after awhlle.