07/17/2023 8:10pm EDT Detroit Tigers vs Kansas City Royals

casimir

40 minutes ago, Tiger337 said:

The funny thing is that Baez has the best K rate of his career this year (22.9%).  What's missing is his power. 

He may be the worst looking hitter I have ever seen, but he has always been that way and he has had some damn good stretches in the past.  They can only hope that he has another one of those stretches now.  He did it at the end of last year.    

Wasn’t it this weekend someone commented about hitters working on one thing that might adversely affect another part of their game?  I don’t know if that’s the case here, but it’s interesting to think of.

6 minutes ago, Jim Cowan said:

I didn't like Torkelson's instincts there.  There were 2 out on only 7 pitches, and he swings at the first one which was not middle middle, instead of making Lyles throw a few more.  If we had done that as teenagers we'd have gotten yelled at.

Agreed but maybe the 3 strikeouts last night might have caused him to be more aggressive?

Remember that time the allegede worst team in baseball in the A's took 2 of 3 against the Tigers?  The other allegede worst team in baseball in the Royals say "hold our beer, we're gettin 3 of 4..."

Basically, if Carpenter isnt hitting bombs, this offense is ass and cant score.

Edited by Dtrain72

54 minutes ago, Jim Cowan said:

I didn't like Torkelson's instincts there.  There were 2 out on only 7 pitches, and he swings at the first one which was not middle middle, instead of making Lyles throw a few more.  If we had done that as teenagers we'd have gotten yelled at.

yeah - Spencer is swinging out of the zone, which is the one thing he's been pretty good about - so not good to see.