07/17/2023 8:10pm EDT Detroit Tigers vs Kansas City Royals

casimir

1 hour ago, Tiger337 said:

Another Royal Tiger

spacer.png

Pitcher Bill Laskey grew up in my neighborhood years before me.  He headlined an offseason baseball camp at his alma mater which was right across the park from my house.  Sheridan was on hand to go over baserunning.  Pretty sure it was when he was still with the Royals.  Baseball had kicked my lack of skills to the curb by the time he was with the Tigers, so I probably wouldn't have gone to it.

Harvy benched...good, that 9th inning IDGAF plate apperance last night should have been the last straw...how about a nice 2 week stint on the DL with "shoulder tightness"?  He needs time to get his head out of his unmitigated ass.

Edited by Dtrain72
  • Thanks 2

The only way to hold Baez accountable for poor production is playing time. It’s not even punitive. He has to find his power or he doesn’t help you win tonight’s game….that’s accounting for his good defense. 

Edited by kdog

8 minutes ago, kdog said:

The only way to hold Baez accountable for poor production is playing time. It’s not even punitive. He has to find his power or he doesn’t help you win tonight’s game….that’s accounting for his good defense. 

Sitting might be the one way to persuade him to exercise his opt-out! But I'm guessing it's being over-read. Hinch isn't about to bench him for any extended period because they're still convinced they are going to fix him.

51 minutes ago, romad1 said:

Hinch has to know how the fan base reads this is as a punishment.  So that is how Javy will read this.  And that AB was that bad that he deserves this.

People are going to believe what they want to believe …. I’m sure Hinch isnt using the word punishments to anyone that matters

The funny thing is that Baez has the best K rate of his career this year (22.9%).  What's missing is his power. 

He may be the worst looking hitter I have ever seen, but he has always been that way and he has had some damn good stretches in the past.  They can only hope that he has another one of those stretches now.  He did it at the end of last year.