Wings @ Leafs

sagnam

i've never been all that impressed with fabbri.  a good pick up off the scrap heap for a team with no talent, but he just seems like a 4th line/AAAA player to me.

smith doesnt do much either.  at least fabbri can shoot hard.

their big issue next year will be replacing leddy/dekyser/staal on that side.  they'll need at least 3 new defensemen.

32 minutes ago, buddha said:

i've never been all that impressed with fabbri.  a good pick up off the scrap heap for a team with no talent, but he just seems like a 4th line/AAAA player to me.

smith doesnt do much either.  at least fabbri can shoot hard.

their big issue next year will be replacing leddy/dekyser/staal on that side.  they'll need at least 3 new defensemen.

are we still holding out any hope for McIsaac, or is he a write off?

Smith's security is that he's about the closest thing they have to an enforcer.

Edited by gehringer_2

15 minutes ago, 1984Echoes said:

Need Vrana to push Fabbri down to the 3rd line...

I'd be interested in seeing a Vrana-Veleno-Zadina line... If/Whenever that could happen.

Fabbri was certainly a bad match with Larkin and Raymond. Larkin's limitation seems to that he can't adjust down to the players he is stuck with. If they can't all get on his wavelength his productivity doesn't just fall, it craters.

vrana-larkin-bertuzzi gives you a line with a ton of speed.  i know raymond has been playing well with larkin-bert, but i wouldnt mind seeing larkin and vrana together for a bit.

it will be real interesting next year after the wings trade their #1 pick plus zadina for jack eichel...

38 minutes ago, slothfacekilla said:

I think Zadina and Vrana had some chemistry for their national team I wouldn't mind trying them together.

Same here.

Veleno is not a world-beater with speed, etc... but I think he could be effective between the two of them.

I'm just searching for another effective line that can actually be dangerous scoring points other than Larkin's line. We've been stuck on one effective line for quite a few years. I have a hard... errr... I would be very excited to see what a Vrana-Veleno-Zadina line could do. Starting with the Zadina-Vrana chemistry...

PS: And I'm perfectly fine leaving Raymond on Larkin's line...

Edited by 1984Echoes

22 minutes ago, 1984Echoes said:

Same here.

Veleno is not a world-beater with speed, etc... but I think he could be effective between the two of them.

I'm just searching for another effective line that can actually be dangerous scoring points other than Larkin's line. We've been stuck on one effective line for quite a few years. I have a hard... errr... I would be very excited to see what a Vrana-Veleno-Zadina line could do. Starting with the Zadina-Vrana chemistry...

PS: And I'm perfectly fine leaving Raymond on Larkin's line...

I think the key starts with the Larkin line though. You have to find the right mates for him, because when that line clicks, it elevates to where the other team has to start worrying about match-ups, then it becomes easier right on down for the 2nd and 3rd Wing lines. Get Larkin's line-mates right and the rest all follows. I wish he could be more effective playing with whoever he gets thrown out there with but that doesn't seem to be the way it goes.

15 minutes ago, gehringer_2 said:

I think the key starts with the Larkin line though. You have to find the right mates for him, because when that line clicks, it elevates to where the other team has to start worrying about match-ups, then it becomes easier right on down for the 2nd and 3rd Wing lines. Get Larkin's line-mates right and the rest all follows. I wish he could be more effective playing with whoever he gets thrown out there with but that doesn't seem to be the way it goes.

So that currently looks like Raymond-Larkin-Bertuzzi... which has looked world-beating at times...

And if Tuz or Raymond is out... that probably means shift Vrana up a line (when he becomes available) and just "make-do" on the 2nd line with Fabbri-Veleno-Zadina instead? 

The Red Wings:

Need.

More.

Good.

Players.

I meant on a game-by-game basis.

Sometimes they look like a monster (in several games), sometimes above-average (I think better than middle-of-the-pack...), and sometimes a non-productive game. Bertuzzi-Larkin-Mantha looked like a monster line for half a season before injuries started to set in... even with Mantha coasting a lot... so I get trying to NOT be premature on this...

But I did say world-beating "at times" and I believe I can stick with that... to-date. We'll see how the rest of the season goes to get a better/ fuller read on this line...

6 hours ago, 1984Echoes said:

I meant on a game-by-game basis.

Sometimes they look like a monster (in several games), sometimes above-average (I think better than middle-of-the-pack...), and sometimes a non-productive game. Bertuzzi-Larkin-Mantha looked like a monster line for half a season before injuries started to set in... even with Mantha coasting a lot... so I get trying to NOT be premature on this...

But I did say world-beating "at times" and I believe I can stick with that... to-date. We'll see how the rest of the season goes to get a better/ fuller read on this line...

i always admire your optimism.  🙂