11/06/2023 7:00 EDT Golden State Warriors vs Detroit Pistons

Tigeraholic1

Will we ever know what this team looks like for even 20 games with their 8 top players available?

The rebounding is really suffering tonight without Duren. I understand him resting because he’s looked off since the ankle roll a few games ago, but we need a competent  vet for our 3rd Center.

1 minute ago, gehringer_2 said:

Hayes has made 7 of 8 shots?!? The apocalypse may be upon us (or hopefully just the Warriors)

Killian always puts up that 1 game every few weeks to a month where he looks like a potential offensive weapon only to revert back to his usual self the next game, tonight appears to be one of those games so probably one we need to take advantage of and win cause we might not see another one from him till December. 

• Thanks 1

Killian definitely having his best game of the season on both ends. 

Wiseman glued to the bench in the second half. Even Monty is done with him. 

Cade getting free throws!

Still doesn’t feel like a win is coming because I’m not sure we can keep up this scoring rate and we still aren’t really stopping GS. Also, Curry coming back in soon. 

After those first three game, the Pistons have given up 124, 110, 125, and 120. You’re not winning a lot of games giving up 120+.

Tonight it was the offensive glass where they gave up over 26 second chance points to a poor rebounding team. 

5 game losing streak about to go to 7 with Bucks and Sixers coming up next. 

This is about as good as one can expect from a team literally full of young guys against a healthy Warriors team. I know people want to ship off the vets but you can't have a team full of young guys and expect to win many NBA games. Not to make excuses for Cade but he's playing too many minutes out of necessity and it's really starting to wear him down. 

3 minutes ago, NYLion said:

This is about as good as one can expect from a team literally full of young guys against a healthy Warriors team. I know people want to ship off the vets but you can't have a team full of young guys and expect to win many NBA games. Not to make excuses for Cade but he's playing too many minutes out of necessity and it's really starting to wear him down. 

its 8 games into the season.  i refuse to believe an nba athlete should be worn down 8 games into an nba season.

11 hours ago, buddha said:

its 8 games into the season.  i refuse to believe an nba athlete should be worn down 8 games into an nba season.

He played the entire 4th quarter and almost 40 minutes the entire game after playing almost 40 minutes the night before. Not to mention that their offense is almost entirely dependent on him so, yes, I do believe that fatigue was a factor in the 4th.

Edited by NYLion
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, NYLion said:

He played the entire 4th quarter and almost 40 minutes the entire game after playing almost 40 minutes the night before. Not to mention that their offense is almost entirely dependent on him so, yes, I do believe that fatigue was a factor in the 4th.

Adding to that, he's also #6 in usage across the entire NBA, just played the 84th game of his career yesterday, and is the only offensive player in most of the lineups. He definitely looks fatigued and has every right to be. Both mentally and physically.