11/24/2023 8:00pm EST Detroit Pistons at Indiana Pacers

casimir

13 hours ago, Deleterious said:

Bad night for Hali and he's still light years better than Killian.

You think Indy would trade Hali for Cade + Killian? I doubt it, but that's been everyone's justification for why it was ok that we drafted Killian over Hali because we wouldn't have been bad enough to get Cade.

They would've lost anyway, but so much of this being a blowout is on Monty.

When the 4th quarter started and I saw Cade out there I turned to my wife and said, "He's been carrying this team all night and now Monty's going to play him the entire 4th quarter. At about the halfway point of this quarter watch him get multiple turnovers and all his shots come up short." Sure enough.

Also, he sat Ausar for almost the entire 4th and what happens? Indy had zero offensive rebounds the entire game until that point and they get about a dozen to blow open the lead in the 4th while our best rebounder sits on the bench. Ausar was a +6 and the only guy in the positive for the night.

8 hours ago, Betrayer said:

They would've lost anyway, but so much of this being a blowout is on Monty.

When the 4th quarter started and I saw Cade out there I turned to my wife and said, "He's been carrying this team all night and now Monty's going to play him the entire 4th quarter. At about the halfway point of this quarter watch him get multiple turnovers and all his shots come up short." Sure enough.

Also, he sat Ausar for almost the entire 4th and what happens? Indy had zero offensive rebounds the entire game until that point and they get about a dozen to blow open the lead in the 4th while our best rebounder sits on the bench. Ausar was a +6 and the only guy in the positive for the night.

Cade's putting up a lot of points but like early Kobe - usage driven, there hasn't been all star level efficiency to it yet. Probably couldn't be anyway with this cast around him.

Some stats from BR.  Most interesting to me was the Points Generated by Assists (PGA).  Really shows how much we depend on Cade.  I added the PGA/30 to show how much each player averages per 30 minutes played.

Grabbed a few teams for comparison.

Minnesota has Conley, Edwards, and Anderson at 198, 194, and 142.

OKC has SGA and Giddey at 235 and 182.

Boston has 5 guys between 128 and 185.  Payton Pritchard has 128.  He has started 0 games and averages 20.2 MPG.  He would be 3rd on the Pistons PGA list.

Orlando has 4 guys between 116 and 170.

f75SDGY.png