Wings @ Sabres 11/6 - 7pm

gehringer_2

2 hours ago, Cruzer1 said:

I disagree. Raymond is.

nope.  bertuzzi gets the puck in the corners.  bertuzzi makes the plays.  not only does he do the dirty work, he is talented enough to make the plays.

raymond is a talented kid, bertuzzi is their best player right now.

2 hours ago, gehringer_2 said:

Can I vote for Moritz!

seider made a few mistakes in that buffalo game.  giving the puck away.

he's going to be great.  he's really good right now.  he's obviously their best overall defenseman right now.  

but their best player?  not yet.  that's bert right now.

5 hours ago, buddha said:

nope.  bertuzzi gets the puck in the corners.  bertuzzi makes the plays.  not only does he do the dirty work, he is talented enough to make the plays.

Bertuzzi doesn't play up there. Get your damn shot, punk.

47 minutes ago, gehringer_2 said:

game was already changing by the time Coffey got to Det. Of course he was older too!

It would be interesting to see what a young Paul Coffee would do in today high speed NHL.

sure, which is exactly why a BIGGER PAUL COFFEY would be a nice thing to have.  sheesh.

2 hours ago, buddha said:

sure, which is exactly why a BIGGER PAUL COFFEY would be a nice thing to have.  sheesh.

Only if he plays bigger. Coffey's problem - at the end of his career was that when the game got tighter he still played too soft.  The Wings have some experience with guys that haven't played as big as they grew. That's the only reason I would call being compared to Coffey mixed praise. I don't want a bigger guy that plays like Coffey did for the Wings, I want a bigger guy that plays like Coffey couldn't! So call that semantics if you like.

Just now, gehringer_2 said:

Only if he plays bigger. Coffey's problem - at the end of his career was that when the game got tighter he still played too soft.  The Wings have some experience with guys that haven't played as big as they grew. That's the only reason I would call being compared to Coffey mixed praise. I don't want a bigger guy that plays like Coffey did for the Wings, I want a bigger guy that plays like Coffey couldn't! So call that semantics if you like.

i'd take paul coffey's career for edvinsson and be very pleased with it.

21 minutes ago, buddha said:

i'd take paul coffey's career for edvinsson and be very pleased with it.

I would too if the Wings could be the 80's Oilers!

And Coffey was kind of a unicorn - would a coach today put any kid coming up with Coffey's skillset on the blue line?

Edited by gehringer_2

1 minute ago, buddha said:

seider and edvinsson is looking like a potential powerhouse pair, regardless of the era.

team still needs a lot, but the progress of their young players is really encouraging.

Just watching Seider not mindlessly passing the puck up ice and giving away possession is such a reminder that is doesn't have to be the way it's been.

10 hours ago, buddha said:

Yeah... Bertuzzi...

He's turning into a monster...

Next test is sustainability...