NBA Info - January 2024

1 hour ago, Deleterious said:

how much of that has to do with sparty matt ishbia owning the team?  who else is going to take a chance on a twice convicted domestic abuser?

i wonder if keith appling lives in ishbia's basement?  if he does, ishbia probably doesnt know about it.

9 hours ago, buddha said:

how much of that has to do with sparty matt ishbia owning the team?  who else is going to take a chance on a twice convicted domestic abuser?

i wonder if keith appling lives in ishbia's basement?  if he does, ishbia probably doesnt know about it.

Read an article about the house he is building in Bloomfield Hills.  

He bought and tore down an 8 year old 22,000 square foot house.  Then bought 5 surrounding houses for a grand total of 14 acres.  Now he is building a 60,000 square foot house on the land.  His brother did something similar on the lake over by you.

Entire family has small dicks.  

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, Deleterious said:

OK that was a mess.

Vegas and Seattle are done deals.

Mexico City and St Louis would be 33 and 34.  

30 reams to 34 teams seems an odd expansion.  The 34 just seems an weird number for even alignment.

30 to 36 teams would seem like too much expansion in one move.

I think we’ll see Seattle and Las Vegas to go to 32 soon.  And I suspect 32 to 36 not too far afterwards with some Mexico and Canada involved in those 4 expansion teams.

Honest concern:  How rooted down to Detroit is the Piston franchise if Drunk Uncle Tommy sells?

13 minutes ago, casimir said:

30 reams to 34 teams seems an odd expansion.  The 34 just seems an weird number for even alignment.

30 to 36 teams would seem like too much expansion in one move.

I think we’ll see Seattle and Las Vegas to go to 32 soon.  And I suspect 32 to 36 not too far afterwards with some Mexico and Canada involved in those 4 expansion teams.

Honest concern:  How rooted down to Detroit is the Piston franchise if Drunk Uncle Tommy sells?

They could stagger it a few years I guess.  But 36 seems way too ambitious and I would say Canada is a hard no.  

The Raptors do well up there but that is because most of the country has adopted them.  You put another team up there you have two weak teams instead of one strong.  I would prefer the one strong.

There is absolutely nothing holding the Pistons here.  Although, I doubt the league is anxious to abandon a top 15-20 market.  They obviously see what a mistake it has been not having a team in Seattle.

Nashville could be in play.  Texas is huge and Austin is growing like crazy.  Not sure you want 4 teams so close together though.  Pittsburgh maybe.  I don't know.

19 minutes ago, Deleterious said:

They could stagger it a few years I guess.  But 36 seems way too ambitious and I would say Canada is a hard no.  

The Raptors do well up there but that is because most of the country has adopted them.  You put another team up there you have two weak teams instead of one strong.  I would prefer the one strong.

There is absolutely nothing holding the Pistons here.  Although, I doubt the league is anxious to abandon a top 15-20 market.  They obviously see what a mistake it has been not having a team in Seattle.

Nashville could be in play.  Texas is huge and Austin is growing like crazy.  Not sure you want 4 teams so close together though.  Pittsburgh maybe.  I don't know.

nashville is a definite possibility.

seattle and vegas are the obvious choices for expansion.  austin is really close to san antonio, not sure that would work.

san jose - although very close to san fran - could be another possibility.

if the nfl can move the cleveland browns, any team can be moved no matter how long they have ties to a community.  gores is a hedge fund guy, his company takes big bets on distressed assets, milks them for all theyre worth, tears them down, and then sells the parts.  they already sold the palace, not sure what else there is to strip from the pistons?

that said, he owns an asset that has appreciated in value immensely since he bought it.  and there is a big expansion fee coming. maybe he decides to deal the team to whatever entities get left out of the expansion game?

17 minutes ago, buddha said:

not sure where they would play and the population wont pony up for a new arena.  so i doubt it.

Is that stadium deal dead?  Last I heard Stan Kroenke was trying to get one built there and in negotiations with the city.  But he owns the Nuggets so not sure how that would work.  

I guess he could lease it to the new owners.  Or sell the Denver franchise.  

Edited by Deleterious