NBA Info - January 2024

25 minutes ago, Hongbit said:

Cool idea.  What would make it even better for those die hards is if they had Killian Hayes, James Wiseman, and Beef Stew to cheer on as Clippers.

Clippers would snatch Stewart up in a heartbeat. Especially with the problems Zubac has had in the playoffs staying on the floor.

11 hours ago, Deleterious said:

Some are saying Bruce Brown would be going to Toronto.  Dumping him would be a win by itself for Indiana.  

the idea that the pistons were going to be able to trade for siakem without being able to deal a first round pick was laughable.

this front office is getting all this cap space for nothing.

I'm convinced the pistons can trade their pick.

The pick is protected 1-18 this year. So protect it 19-30 and offer it as a pick swap. 

The rule says you just need a first round pick, it doesn't have to be your own. So that is satisfied. Then offering the swap only if it lands 1-18, which it obviously will, gets around the protection currently on it.

If a team wants a lotto pick this year is another question. The pistons will not want to trade next year's or 2026 since those classes have some big time prospects.

27 minutes ago, buddha said:

the idea that the pistons were going to be able to trade for siakem without being able to deal a first round pick was laughable.

this front office is getting all this cap space ....

... to sign me.

7 minutes ago, Deleterious said:

The were reports yesterday that Siakam would not give any team a guarantee that he would sign with them.

Three firsts with no guarantee is pretty crazy for a Siakam rental. I didn't want Siakam anyway, but it just shows that Weaver didn't collect the assets needed to make a splash even if he wanted to.

15 minutes ago, Betrayer said:

Three firsts with no guarantee is pretty crazy for a Siakam rental. I didn't want Siakam anyway, but it just shows that Weaver didn't collect the assets needed to make a splash even if he wanted to.

exactly!!!!!

he's the only gm that tanked and ended up OWING first round picks to other teams!!!!

• Haha 1

in reality, the pistons being unable to trade future #1 picks might be the best thing that could have happened to the franchise.

that said, i will wait for draft night when we trade a top 5 pick for zach lavine.

1 hour ago, Shinzaki said:

We're gonna be the landing spot for bad contracts in exchange for draft capital

That's what we should've been doing for the past 4 years. Instead we gave away draft picks in exchange for bench players.

But now we're in year 4 of the rebuild and we either start acquiring picks and a new GM to reboot this rebuild, or we let this one make desperation moves. Sounds like Gores is going for the latter over the former.