1/17 7PM Minnesota Timberwolves @ Detroit Pistons

6 minutes ago, Deleterious said:

It was announced today that Amazon bought a minority interest in Sinclair broadcasting, the company that owns Bally's.

Amazon will now do all of the streaming so we should see an uptick in quality.

Interesting. I really hope they get League Pass as well.

8 minutes ago, Deleterious said:

It was announced today that Amazon bought a minority interest in Sinclair broadcasting, the company that owns Bally's.

Amazon will now do all of the streaming so we should see an uptick in quality.

I wonder how it will effect out state viewers like me. For years Pistons and Tigers were blacked out. I could eventually get the Tigers via FSN then Bally. Just this last year I was able to watch Pistons with DirecTv stream...I have heard the provider has to pay to gain market access.

Edited by Tigeraholic1

This was actually a pretty good game. Pistons hung in there most of the time and Ivey was spectacular. He even had some pretty nice defensive moments in this one.

Muscala played over Wiseman and it really puts into perspective just how bad Wiseman is when a washed up DNP -CD candidate immediately looks like a much better player. At least the guy knows how to set a screen. Now if only Cade and Monte could come back so I could stop seeing Killian rolled out there.

2 hours ago, buddha said:

all of this better not be a precursor to signing wiseman as a backup center.  he is completely worthless on defense.  

we all know troy's failed big man fetish.

It would be totally on brand for Wiseman to sit behind Muscala for the rest of the season and Troy to sign him to a 13M dollar deal in the offseason anyway.

13 minutes ago, Betrayer said:

It would be totally on brand for Wiseman to sit behind Muscala for the rest of the season and Troy to sign him to a 13M dollar deal in the offseason anyway.

or to sign him to the deal before the season ended!  have to lock up that kind of talent before it gets to market (see bagley, marvin and stewart, isaiah).

They did Marvin in the off-season (July 6th, 2022), which is what makes it even more mind-boggling. They had already drafted Duren and acquired Noel by then. But I see what you're saying since they just bid against themselves and didn't give the market a chance to set his value before pouncing on a deal in the first days of free agency.

Cleared, but returning..."next week"?

How about Monte Morris' quad strain that was originally supposed to be a couple weeks. Dude's been out 3 months. You'd think he had surgery or was carried off the floor at some point.

1 hour ago, Deleterious said:

The Pistons are 4-37 but it is not the worst halfway start in league history.  The 1993/94 Mavs hold that honor at 2-39.  5 other teams went 3-38 including the 1992/93 Mavs.  

So you’re saying there’s a chance?