Oilers @ Wings

sagnam

It will be fun if the Wings can surprise us this season. The concern going into this season was that they haven't yet turned the roster over enough to be a good team, but the way I look at it, add up the bigger off-season adds (Leddy, Suter), the call ups ( Seider, Raymond), the guys that are heathier ( Bertuzzi, Larkin, DeKeyser), plus a couple guys playing better ( Rassmussen, Namestnikov), and you're at 9 guys, so that is a lot of change.

The PP and the PK have been transformed.  Don't know if it's Tanguay or the new additions, but I've seen more crisp passing and shots this season than the last few combined.  It would be amazing if they can keep this going, but I won't be surprised if they don't.  At least there's finally a light at the end of the tunnel and it's nice to have decent hockey to watch again and have active game day threads!

1 hour ago, Kacie said:

The PP and the PK have been transformed.  Don't know if it's Tanguay or the new additions, but I've seen more crisp passing and shots this season than the last few combined.  It would be amazing if they can keep this going, but I won't be surprised if they don't.  At least there's finally a light at the end of the tunnel and it's nice to have decent hockey to watch again and have active game day threads!

well it's heck of a lot easier when you have a Seider managing it at the line who can pass, is not going to lose the one on one if a defender comes at him, and can stop all kind of pucks from getting over the line. It's simplistic to say it but the Wings huge problem has been inability to control possession and now you put Seider, Larkin, Raymond or Bertuzzi out there and you have enough guys with real puck possession skill that you can start to generate sustained pressure simply because you are not constantly giving the puck away.

3 hours ago, gehringer_2 said:

well it's heck of a lot easier when you have a Seider managing it at the line who can pass, is not going to lose the one on one if a defender comes at him, and can stop all kind of pucks from getting over the line. It's simplistic to say it but the Wings huge problem has been inability to control possession and now you put Seider, Larkin, Raymond or Bertuzzi out there and you have enough guys with real puck possession skill that you can start to generate sustained pressure simply because you are not constantly giving the puck away.

sure, but they also look much more organized.

On 11/9/2021 at 7:54 PM, lordstanley said:

Canadians are allowed to cross the Ambassador or Bluewater  bridges to attend the game. Canadian govt requires $150 PCR test to get back It o country so that will deter almost all from popping over just for the game. 

Detroit Red Wings offering cheaper PCR tests to lure Canadian hockey fans across the border

$85, or free for the first 100 season ticket holders.

“With a negative test result valid for 72 hours, fans can return for multiple games within a three-day period using the same test.”

Edited by sagnam

1 hour ago, sagnam said:

Detroit Red Wings offering cheaper PCR tests to lure Canadian hockey fans across the border

$85, or free for the first 100 season ticket holders.

“With a negative test result valid for 72 hours, fans can return for multiple games within a three-day period using the same test.”

Nice, that helps a bit. I’m really anxious to see the Wings live, with Raymond, Seider and Ned. Don’t think I’m going home to Sarnia for Christmas though so probably must wait until they are here in March. Maybe go see their game against the Kraken too. 

• Like 2