03/09/2024 7:00pm EST Dallas Mavericks at Detroit Pistons

@Tigeraholic1 is too busy getting his clocks ready for spring ahead day tonight.  Or maybe he’s blotto drunk with Tom Gores.  I don’t know.  Either way, I got you.  Let’s use this piece of property on the interwebs to discuss the upcoming athletic event of professional hardwood basketball between Luka Doncic and his Dallas Mavericks against our drunk uncle Tom’s Detroit Pistons.  Allez les Pistons!

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, casimir said:

Is he hanging out with @Tigeraholic1 and drunk Uncle Tom?

You noticed I made it to the Tigers game thread? Then Andrew Chafin talked me into stopping by McDonald’s for breakfast but needed to swing by the L for some Fireball and smokes. We missed breakfast and well the rest is history.

IMG_2508.jpeg

Edited by Tigeraholic1
  • Haha 1

44 minutes ago, Tigeraholic1 said:

You noticed I made it to the Tigers game thread? Then Andrew Chafin talked me into stopping by McDonald’s for breakfast but needed to swing by the L for some Fireball and smokes. We missed breakfast and well the rest is history.

IMG_2508.jpeg

I had no idea that you and Chafin were doppelgängers.

Some clarification on Fontecchio and his free agent status this summer.

Yes he is restricted meaning Detroit can match any offers.  But no, they can't go over the cap to sign him.  At least not the normal way.

He is an early Bird rights player.  That means they can go over the cap to sign him, but it isn't unlimited like normal Bird rights players.  Early Bird you can go up to 175% of this years contract or 105% of the league average, whichever is larger.

His contract this season is about $3m so they could offer just over $5m.  The league average salary is around $8m so that will be the max they can offer without using cap space.  Anything over that and they must have free cap space to sign him.  Which is fine since they are projected to have almost $60m in cap space.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Deleterious said:

Gafford is just embarrassing Duren now.  Blocked him easy at the rim then out hustled him down the court for the easy dunk while Duren was 8 feet behind him.

I know he's young but I'm getting serious Drummond vibes from him. Effort comes and goes, horrible defense (terrible rim protector), tries to do too much on offense at times, low basketball IQ. I think he has more raw athleticism than Andre and has better free throw touch but...yeah, he's Drummond.

23 minutes ago, NYLion said:

I know he's young but I'm getting serious Drummond vibes from him. Effort comes and goes, horrible defense (terrible rim protector), tries to do too much on offense at times, low basketball IQ. I think he has more raw athleticism than Andre and has better free throw touch but...yeah, he's Drummond.

Unfortunately true.

1 hour ago, Hongbit said:

Weaver does suck at his job but fan is an idiot for acting surprised at getting tossed.  

part of the job is taking criticism.  you dont throw out a fan for being a jerk.  that's bush league from weaver.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, buddha said:

part of the job is taking criticism.  you dont throw out a fan for being a jerk.  that's bush league from weaver.

No way.  Criticism online, over the air, or in the paper, is part of the job.  In person at the game is not.  That’s crossing a boundary and would get the same response from most GM’s in the league.   

1 hour ago, Hongbit said:

No way.  Criticism online, over the air, or in the paper, is part of the job.  In person at the game is not.  That’s crossing a boundary and would get the same response from most GM’s in the league.   

disagree.  dont sit in the stands if you cant take it.

if the ceo of my company told a customer "youre lucky i dont beat your ass" in public on video he would be fired immediately.  troy weaver is not a player, he's a professional manager.  you cannot act that way as a leader of an organization.

the bare minimum is a suspension.  if the pistons dont do it the league has to do it.

lets be honest, this would be a great excuse to get rid of weaver, but gores isnt that smart or proactive.

• Thanks 1