03/09/2024 7:00pm EST Dallas Mavericks at Detroit Pistons

2 hours ago, casimir said:

Or maybe its option C, both were in the wrong?

Too bad it wasn't drunk uncle Tom that was doing the heckling.

what organization tolerates its executives lashing out or threatening to beat up its customers?

other than michigan's basketball team...

6 hours ago, buddha said:

what organization tolerates its executives lashing out or threatening to beat up its customers?

other than michigan's basketball team...

I'm not arguing that Weaver was justified.  He should be suspended at the very least unless he was actually preventing the fan from a physical altercation, which seems kind of doubtful.

The 28 game losing streak and the questionable roster moves throughout this long lasting rebuild give enough reason for Weaver to be fired.  Now there is this altercation.  OK, fine.  But do we think Gores is smart enough to hire the right leader to turn this franchise around?

58 minutes ago, casimir said:

The 28 game losing streak and the questionable roster moves throughout this long lasting rebuild give enough reason for Weaver to be fired.  Now there is this altercation.  OK, fine.  But do we think Gores is smart enough to hire the right leader to turn this franchise around?

good point. This franchise needs a rescue team like Sheila's. But Sheila was smart enough to know that - Gores? Prolly not so much.

1 hour ago, Deleterious said:

fine?  Suspension? Fired?

at the very least there should be a some sort of public acknowledgement of inappropriate behavior by a member of the leadership group and an apology should be issued.

i would fine or suspend him but that's not how the league operates.  you can get away with stuff like this that wouldnt happen in a normal business.

i would use this as another in a long line of reasons to dismiss him, the main one being the product on the floor four years into a "rebuild."

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, buddha said:

at the very least there should be a some sort of public acknowledgement of inappropriate behavior by a member of the leadership group and an apology should be issued.

i would fine or suspend him but that's not how the league operates.  you can get away with stuff like this that wouldnt happen in a normal business.

i would use this as another in a long line of reasons to dismiss him, the main one being the product on the floor four years into a "rebuild."

I guess "Malice at the Palace" has receded out of view in the league's rear view mirror.