4/3/24 7:10PM EDT Tigers @ Mets

3 hours ago, KL2 said:

it was miserable over in queens today. Driving rain wind and cold. Way worse than yesterday

The weather might be better tomorrow, but will the field be playable?  It’d be less than ideal to make this up elsewhere in the season, but it’d be lesser if injury occurs due to sloppy grounds.

2 hours ago, IdahoBert said:

I think the Tigers will win both ends of this doubleheader tomorrow, and I predict that Manning will toss 7 innings of no-hit ball and be pulled after 93 pitches. 

I hope so. The Tigers are the only undefeated team in the AL. The best record, on April 3rd. Print them playoff tickets...lol

28 minutes ago, casimir said:

The weather might be better tomorrow, but will the field be playable?  It’d be less than ideal to make this up elsewhere in the season, but it’d be lesser if injury occurs due to sloppy grounds.

I was mistaken, it's not Shea Stadium. It's Citi Field. It's fairly new so it should have decent drainage.

37 minutes ago, casimir said:

Rain has stopped and we usually dry out pretty quick. Wouldn't think that would a problem. 

9 hours ago, Sports_Freak said:

I was mistaken, it's not Shea Stadium. It's Citi Field. It's fairly new so it should have decent drainage.

9 hours ago, KL2 said:

Rain has stopped and we usually dry out pretty quick. Wouldn't think that would a problem. 

Sure, I get that the newer fields have pretty good drainage.  But, how much rain has it taken it in a relatively short amount of time?  There's a breaking point somewhere.  Hopefully it doesn't involve an OF's ankle.

If it’s baseball we’re talking about, then the Tigers will lose two today, just like the 35-5 Tigers team that marched into Seattle on May 25, 1984, and got swept by the 20-24 Mariners.

Hmmm … 20-24. Interesting.