4/5/24 8PM Pistons @ Grizzlies

10 hours ago, buddha said:

i wonder what wade or carmelo would have been if they ended up on detroit.

9 hours ago, Betrayer said:

Carmelo would have been a champion.

Antonio McDyess would have appreciated that.

• Like 1

I like how Omari has been calling this team and org out a lot lately  

Jaden hit a lot of threes. Coach still ripped him after the game for his turnovers and shot selection. One of those two will be gone this offseason for sure. They can’t coexist. 

Jalen did another Drummond impression all game. All you had to see was that play at the 10 minute mark in the first quarter. Messy dribble drive into a bad contested shot that leads to a fast break by Memphis that Duren didn’t get back fast enough to contest. If that doesn’t say Dre, I don’t know what does. Of course he continued to do that stuff all game, so it didn’t end there.

Malachi who?

Along with the Sasser hype train, I think we can officially get back off the “Wiseman is improving” train as well. Honestly, without Cade both of the bigs are looking suspect.  

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Deleterious said:

3 points on 0-12 from the field. Has to be the worst post 50 point game ever.

I think a market correction was expected for Flynn, but damn, the Great Depression was quite impressed by this game.

8 hours ago, Deleterious said:

So this is where I am confused.  Are the picks bad picks that won’t work together?  Does the coaching staff lack the ability to get these guys to develop and mesh?  Is it more of both than one or the other?

Absolutely dreadful.

1 hour ago, casimir said:

So this is where I am confused.  Are the picks bad picks that won’t work together?  Does the coaching staff lack the ability to get these guys to develop and mesh?  

yes

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, casimir said:

So this is where I am confused.  Are the picks bad picks that won’t work together?  Does the coaching staff lack the ability to get these guys to develop and mesh?  Is it more of both than one or the other?

Absolutely dreadful.

57 minutes ago, buddha said:

yes

I suppose if one were being charitable, one could say they drafted in '22 not knowing if/how/when Cade was coming back, but it's almost hard to conceive of two players less a fit for Cade on the floor than Ivey and Duren.

1 hour ago, gehringer_2 said:

I suppose if one were being charitable, one could say they drafted in '22 not knowing if/how/when Cade was coming back, but it's almost hard to conceive of two players less a fit for Cade on the floor than Ivey and Duren.

they saw duren as a pick and roll dive man who would work perfectly with cade.  and in that sense he does work very well with cade.

the problem with duren is defense, hustle, and his inability to develop a shot yet.  if he never does, then he's a more coordinated andre drummond.  that's not nothing, but that's not someone you pay.

ivey was drafted as an athlete and scorer.  and he is both of those things.  ivey has been mishandled, imo.  he could play well with cade but isnt the "perfect" cade player because he isnt a dead eye shooter.

but he hs regressed badly under monty.  part of that is on ivey seeing as how he seems to constantly sulk and doesnt hustle on defense, but i still blame monty for effing with ivey so much early on.

if you have duren you cant have ausar and ivey on the floor too.  no spacing.  if you keep duren you have to have a stretch 5.

i know everyone loves ausar, but he 1000% does not fit on a team with duren and ivey.  none of them can shoot or bring the ball up the floor.  its just 100% cade.

terrible roster construction.

2 hours ago, buddha said:

if you keep duren you have to have a stretch 5.

But a stretch 5 probably means more interior defense responsibility for Duren, which he isn't up to, so back to square one. Find the stretch 5, hope Duren brings something back when you move him. Of course if the Pistons do move him, he'll be a .380 3pt shooter in 3 yrs..