What will the Pistons do with the Number One pick in the 2021 draft?

What will the Pistons do with the Number One pick in the 2021 draft?  

2 members have voted

1. 1. What will the Pistons do with the Number One pick in the 2021 draft?

• Use it - Who will they draft?
    • Trade it - Who will they trade with>

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 8/4/2021 at 1:47 PM, MotownWebGuy said:

I'm with you on that one! 

I wonder if at any point there was serious consideration to trade the pick, or was Cade the choice all along, assuming no red flags were found.

I take Troy Weaver to be the kind of guy who will kick the tires on a few ideas before settling on one.  I'd be surprised if it was "This is our guy" all along.  You never know what someone will offer up. That said, I think they made the right move.

4 hours ago, djhutch said:

I take Troy Weaver to be the kind of guy who will kick the tires on a few ideas before settling on one.  I'd be surprised if it was "This is our guy" all along.  You never know what someone will offer up. That said, I think they made the right move.

That’s my impression as well.  Probably just doing his due diligence and all that should be done with a #1 draft pick.

• Like 1

Speaking of Cade I find it funny how quickly the narrative changes after we get him. All year all we heard was how he was a borderline generational talent and at the very least one of the top 3 or 4 guys to come into the NBA the past 10 years. Now all the sudden of no fault of his own he has turned into just another early draft pick.

Case and point on ESPN the other day they actually asked who would you take between Cade and Anthony Edwards and one of the talking heads picked Edwards. A year ago people said Edwards was one of the weaker number 1 picks in recent memory, then he goes out and has a so so rookie season and now people are picking him over the "cant miss prospect" in Cade? What changed people's perception other than him becoming a Piston?

Edited by RandyMarsh