12/12/2021 06:00 EST Brooklyn Nets @ Detroit Pistons

casimir

It's not like Jerami was getting us a bunch of wins. Honestly, I'm just sad they lost a potential trade piece.

What does this starting lineup look like now?

I was already pulling for moving Hami in as a starter in place of Bey, but I doubt that's possible now unless Casey really shakes things up. I think I'd try Hami at SF and Bey at PF. Bey has the strength to guard most PFs and he won't get beat by their quickness like he often does against SFs and SGs. Give that until Kelly returns and if it's not working you can tweak things again.

But let's be real. This is Casey. He's going to find a way to start either Lyles or CoJo.

12 minutes ago, Betrayer said:

It's not like Jerami was getting us a bunch of wins. Honestly, I'm just sad they lost a potential trade piece.

I was already pulling for moving Hami in as a starter in place of Bey, but I doubt that's possible now unless Casey really shakes things up. I think I'd try Hami at SF and Bey at PF. Bey has the strength to guard most PFs and he won't get beat by their quickness like he often does against SFs and SGs. Give that until Kelly returns and if it's not working you can tweak things again.

But let's be real. This is Casey. He's going to find a way to start either Lyles or CoJo.

i agree about grant.

in a way, it should mean more of cade and killian getting shots.  in reality, it probably means more bey isos and cojo hero ball.

2 hours ago, Betrayer said:

It should open up more time for Diallo, but it'll be Lyles getting more PF time and Garza getting those Lyles C minutes.

What about Frank Jackson in the opening lineup?  Slide Bey down to PF like you suggest.  Although it probably doesn't matter who starts, its more about where the minutes go.

Sure, it's probably not a game they were going to win anyway, but Casey does it again. He leaves the second unit in until 5 minutes left in the 4th. They score just 1 point in that time period and the game completely flips. Casey has no concept of momentum or game management. KD plays 41 minutes at age 33 and we've got 20 year olds that Casey is afraid to play more than 20 minutes. Diallo was 5 for 8, but only played 20 minutes, and didn't even play in the 4th.

On a good note, Cade continues to look really good. Yeah, the turnovers are rough, but he's scoring, rebounding, passing, stealing, and just filling the stat sheet. 26 points, (9-18 and 5 for 8 from 3), 8 rebounds, 6 assists, 3 steals, 1 block.

Saben finally got a legitimate chance and played very well off the bench. 17 points, 6 rebounds, 6 assists, 3 steals, 1 block. Hopefully we can be done with CoJo now. 

Lyles is still trash.

4 hours ago, buddha said:

the bulls currently have 8 players available for their game with detroit on tuesday.  and that includes two-way players and guys just signed to 10 day contracts.

if the game isnt postponed, watch the bulls still beat the pistons.

Hah!

I thought you were leading us into a "maybe they will win this game" comment as I'm reading along your post...

I should have known!!!

😉

20 hours ago, Betrayer said:

Sure, it's probably not a game they were going to win anyway, but Casey does it again. He leaves the second unit in until 5 minutes left in the 4th. They score just 1 point in that time period and the game completely flips. Casey has no concept of momentum or game management. KD plays 41 minutes at age 33 and we've got 20 year olds that Casey is afraid to play more than 20 minutes. Diallo was 5 for 8, but only played 20 minutes, and didn't even play in the 4th.

On a good note, Cade continues to look really good. Yeah, the turnovers are rough, but he's scoring, rebounding, passing, stealing, and just filling the stat sheet. 26 points, (9-18 and 5 for 8 from 3), 8 rebounds, 6 assists, 3 steals, 1 block.

Saben finally got a legitimate chance and played very well off the bench. 17 points, 6 rebounds, 6 assists, 3 steals, 1 block. Hopefully we can be done with CoJo now. 

Lyles is still trash.

I don't remember what 5 were on the floor at the end of the 3rd and what 5 were on at the beginning of the 4th.  It was pretty obvious the Nets were taking over the game at the beginning of the 4th and it seemed like you could see the momentum that the Pistons had throughout the game just leaking out of the balloon.  Yes, the Nets should have won going into it, even without Harden playing.  But, damnit, its still good to see them play with purpose and with passion.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, casimir said:

It was pretty obvious the Nets were taking over the game at the beginning of the 4th and it seemed like you could see the momentum that the Pistons had throughout the game just leaking out of the balloon.

What happens in a lot of regular season NBA games before the 4th doesn't mean much.

8 minutes ago, gehringer_2 said:

What happens in a lot of regular season NBA games before the 4th doesn't mean much.

Yeah, this isn't the first time this season that the Pistons have snared a loss from the jaws of victory in the last stanza.  I just need to learn to turn the game off after 3 quarters.

Makes me wonder, if the NBA did the old ABA point system (1 point for each quarter "won" and 3 points for a game win), where would they be in the standings?