01/03/2022 08:00 EST Detroit Pistons @ Milwaukee Bucks

casimir

Just checked the score and I had to do a double take. Not only did the Pistons win but they won with Giannis,Middleton and Jrue all playing.  When I saw the score I figured Milwaukee must have been playing all scrubs but nope.  

Cade and Jackson both returned and it appears they both had good games and Bey had another monster game scoring 34 on 8-12 shooting from deep. 

The Pistons are better without Grant. Ball movement is crisper, defense is tighter, the young guys (Bey and Diallo) specifically aren't stifled anymore. Grant has some good qualities, he can be a game changer when his offense is on, but Weaver needs to strike while the iron is hot and trade him while his value is still high. 

• Like 1

grant is also hurt.  not sure what you can get for him now.

that said, i've been all aboard the trade grant train for a long time.  he's not doing anything for the pistons, really.  and he's the best realistic trade asset they have.  keeping him for "veteran leadership" is just dumb, imo.

A year ago we may have gotten something good for him but unfortunately that ship has sailed, now best case scenario is probably a protected 1st and salary filler. Still though even that probably has more value for the Pistons going forward than Grant so if that's the best we can get I wouldn't be against doing it. 

6 hours ago, NYLion said:

The Pistons are better without Grant. Ball movement is crisper, defense is tighter, the young guys (Bey and Diallo) specifically aren't stifled anymore. Grant has some good qualities, he can be a game changer when his offense is on, but Weaver needs to strike while the iron is hot and trade him while his value is still high. 

He has been out almost a month and the team has put a little something together with him out, winning almost .50% of their games while he has been gone.  I think it is safe to say we should just try to get what we can for him and move on.

On 1/4/2022 at 3:03 PM, RandyMarsh said:

A year ago we may have gotten something good for him but unfortunately that ship has sailed, now best case scenario is probably a protected 1st and salary filler. Still though even that probably has more value for the Pistons going forward than Grant so if that's the best we can get I wouldn't be against doing it. 

Everything I've heard over the past few weeks is saying exactly the opposite of this. That his value is still sky high and that many teams are calling about him. There are legitimate sources, such as James Edwards III, reporting this.

1 hour ago, Betrayer said:

Everything I've heard over the past few weeks is saying exactly the opposite of this. That his value is still sky high and that many teams are calling about him. There are legitimate sources, such as James Edwards III, reporting this.

i like JEIII but he is really optimistic about the pistons.  part of me is always wary of reporters who need to say nice things about management in order to keep their sources happy.