The F1 Thread

Hongbit

IMO the Aston Martin would have to be a lot better than the big 3.  In equal cars I think Mercedes, Ferrari, and Red Bull have the better stable of drivers.  Alonso is a good driver but 41 and you don't see a lot of  >40 WDC's.  Eight people over 40 have won a WDC and the last one was in 1968.  And Lance is Lance.  He will crash a few times he shouldn't, spin out, and just generally screw up enough to not compete even if he has a good car.

19 hours ago, Deleterious said:

IMO the Aston Martin would have to be a lot better than the big 3.  In equal cars I think Mercedes, Ferrari, and Red Bull have the better stable of drivers.  Alonso is a good driver but 41 and you don't see a lot of  >40 WDC's.  Eight people over 40 have won a WDC and the last one was in 1968.  And Lance is Lance.  He will crash a few times he shouldn't, spin out, and just generally screw up enough to not compete even if he has a good car.

WDC is irrelevant.  That’s completely off the table for him (and really anyone else not named Max or Charles).   I think Alonso can have a huge impact on Aston.  He’s the best thing to happen to the brand since James Bond.  If all goes well and they can find consistent pace and race strategy, he could possibly finish ahead of one of the Merc or Sainz.  I don’t think it will happen but it’s possible.

They have definitely had the best 2 weeks of any other team in testing.  They have moved to the head of the mid field pack and that’s even with Spaulding Smails as one of their drivers. 

$50 says the Stroll kid picks his nose. 

Excited for this weekend and Mercedes to throw down some sick times and win the race.   Toto giving the double bird salute to the rest of the paddock and shouting “We figured it out and sandbagged you motherfuckers in testing just like the old days”.  It’s gonna be sweet.  

A guy can dream can’t he.  

I’m on record now that Aston is 100% cheating and will eventually get busted for exceeding spending limits and possibly other rules.  

Larry will never pass up an opportunity to use his wealth to get ahead.   After watching RB go over the limit and only get hit with a multi-million dollar fine, he had to see an opening and jumped at whatever means necessary.  He will gladly pay a 7 figure fine to have a top of the grid car.  

Edited by Hongbit