The F1 Thread

Hongbit

Almost time for a new season of the spectacle that is Formula 1 racing.   F1 is never short on drama both on and off the circuit but this season is shaping up as something very special on both fronts.  

Missing my man Deletrious as this thread on our past forum was mainly two guys talking about racing.  The sport is growing is popularity so hopefully new fans will jump on.  A new season of Drive to Survive starts tomorrow on Netflix and that should be spectacular.   

• 2 weeks later...

Good to have you back, Del!

I was telling a buddy how great it will be for F1 to have Binotto back making key decisions to impact the championship.  Drama will definitely surround.    

Pretty crazy that Bottas outqualified Russell in an Alfa.   Toto definitely didn’t see that coming.    I do think Merc will get it figured out.   

I too love the look of the new cars.   That Williams really stands out.  

Good win for the Scuderia.   Congrats Del.   It should be more of the same next week and give Ferrari a nice leg up on the rest.    

Great days for Haas, Alfa, and Merc.    Also impressive start for Zhou getting points in his first race.    

RB had a tough end unlike McLaren who were shit all weekend and seem to have no idea.   

1 hour ago, Deleterious said:

The one two is nice.  But I was satisfied midway through the race.  After the past few years it was nice watching Charles be able to slug it out with Max for 3 or 4 laps.

That mid race battle where they were going back and forth trading the lead was awesome.  Exactly the kind of racing they were looking for with the new cars. 

Saw an interview with Charles and he claims he was letting Max get past him on the first straight.  He did it so he would have DRS on the second and take back track position.  Apparently the telemetry confirms this as Charles was consistently hitting 8th gear down that straight, but only 7th when him and Max were tangling.  

On 3/20/2022 at 11:51 PM, Deleterious said:

Saw an interview with Charles and he claims he was letting Max get past him on the first straight.  He did it so he would have DRS on the second and take back track position.  Apparently the telemetry confirms this as Charles was consistently hitting 8th gear down that straight, but only 7th when him and Max were tangling.  

It would have been interesting if Max picked up on that in the second of those laps and waited until the second straight to overtake. The Ferrari pace would have probably made that a moot strategy overall.

9 minutes ago, Shelton said:

It would have been interesting if Max picked up on that in the second of those laps and waited until the second straight to overtake. The Ferrari pace would have probably made that a moot strategy overall.

Wow.  Welcome back Shelton! 

I’m excited to see more battles between these two this season and beyond.  I think we will see another this weekend.  Hoping for no brake checking in Jeddah this year.