The F1 Thread

Hongbit

1 minute ago, Hongbit said:

These cars are doing exactly what they envisioned.    Can’t wait until we get on some circuits with many attacking areas.  

They have been great.  Just a shame Merc crapped the bed.  I would love watching Lewis, Max, and Charles going at it every week.

On 3/27/2022 at 2:42 PM, Hongbit said:

These cars are doing exactly what they envisioned.    Can’t wait until we get on some circuits with many attacking areas.  

I wonder if they are performing even beyond what they envisioned. It seems like overtaking is almost too easy now. Obviously every race is different, but it didn’t take long for Max to decide to just wait until the second DRS zone. That said, Charles had the same opportunity after that and didn’t get it done, so fair play to both. 

Definitely exciting. 

I think it may have been a blessing in disguise for Red Bull when Checo got unlucky on his pit stop decision, allowing max to move ahead and go one on one with Charles. 

This becomes a much bigger issue now the teams are on a $140M spending cap.   Anything they use for repairs leaves less for development.    This issue has to be even worse for Williams now that Latifi has shown he’s incapable of bringing them care home safely. 

On 4/6/2022 at 7:34 AM, Hongbit said:

It’s ridiculously too much and I can’t wait to see it in these new cars. 

I’m very interested to see how they handle what is basically two long DRS zones with a couple turns in the middle. If you get DRS at the first checkpoint do you keep it through the next two zones?

And looking at the second checkpoint before turn 13, it really feels like you want to be in second heading into that turn. 

Anyone else staying up / waking up for qualifying at 1am? I think this will just be an early morning on-demand watch before breakfast type of thing.