The F1 Thread

Hongbit

31 minutes ago, Deleterious said:

What a terrible track.

99gd5qizzf291.jpg

I loved the fake enthusiasm Crofty & Martin tried to build as the top 4 were all within 2 seconds of each other. There is one tiny place to pass on the track and nobody was overtaking anyone.    

On 6/10/2022 at 9:51 AM, Deleterious said:

If you had shown me this graphic without the text I would have bet a lot of money Max had the fastest lap.

Pretty crazy how two totally different setups can produce similar results.

60epge0qns491.jpg

Fast in the corners was great for a single timed lap for Ferrari.  Fast in the straights will be better on race day for RB. 

To finish first you must first finish!  It will be interesting later in th year when or if the bulls and red cars have to start taking penalties for extra power units.

Even if Charlie didn't blow up I think Max had the speed to overtake him but we'll never know.

Max took the pole in a wet qualifying session.  Alonso starting next to him on the front row.  Racing in the rain is a benefit to the best drivers.   Since Charlie was starting last because of penalties he only ran a couple laps.  

39 minutes ago, Deleterious said:

Build a better car ya twat.

In my head that is what Binotto said to Toto, but probably not.

Toto want the whole grid penalized because they have a bad design.  I heard that McLaren raised their cars last week to stop the porpoising.  That's what Merc needs to do if its a problem for them.    Somehow in Toto's mind if they need to raise their car everyone else needs to do the same.  Not everyone is having the issue.

2 hours ago, Deleterious said:

Build a better car ya twat.

In my head that is what Binotto said to Toto, but probably not.

In my mind Toto made a comment back about how nice it must have been to suck so badly the prior season to throw in the towel and start new development early.    Ferrari has taken very good use of this advantage but it appears Merc is starting to figure things out.   It looks to be a nice battle for 2nd overall in constructors.