The F1 Thread

Hongbit

It’s another Sunday of how does Ferrari fuck this one up.   They should be able to double podium but will most likely be lucky to just have both cars finish.   I’d like to see Charles rebound and go into the break with a win but not sure his car will make it.   Prediction is Max charges up the field and holds off Carlos with George taking the show position.  

Edited by Hongbit

Seems odd to me as well.  I guess Alpine has a young driver they want to promote next year.  Oscar Piastri won the F3 title in 2020 and the F2 title last year.

Every time I hear his name I confuse him with Oscar Pistorius.  I imagine Alpine hopes he is fast like him but without the murdering.  

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Deleterious said:

Binotto gave an interview and said this weekends GP was not winnable and tire choice was not the decisive reason.

You’ve got to admire his consistency.  His explanations make about as much sense as his decisions. 

The winner started 10th and 2nd started 7th.   Definitely unwinnable starting 2nd and 3rd.    He’s like the Italian version of Bozo the Clown 🤡 

Edited by Hongbit

F1 offseason might compare to the NBA.  Possibly even better since the offseason happens during the season, which is insane.

Cliffsnotes: Piastri was looking for a 2022 seat and couldn't find one.  Signed as a reserve driver with Alpine with the hopes of getting a seat in 2023.  It looked like Alpine was going to keep Alonso another year and have Piastri drive for Williams.  He didn't like that and signed a deal with McLaren, I guess for Daniels seat.  Alpine claims if they offer him a seat it keeps their contract current and he can't drive for McLaren.