The F1 Thread

Hongbit

Any optimism coming off the break from Mercedes ended immediately after being 1.8 behind RB.  Lewis sounding very despondent and finally sounds like they have thrown in the towel on winning this season.    If they were smart (which they are), they will take the advantage that Ferrari did this season and focus all new efforts on next years car.   

Now watch them win today.   Lol.  

15 hours ago, Deleterious said:

Max is still the favorite to win at +155.  Perez and Sainz are the next two at +235 and +280.

George just said their strategy team has Max getting up to P5 in just 7 laps in their race sims.

Edited by Hongbit

17 minutes ago, Deleterious said:

Alonso showing Lewis no mercy.

7e3khs2vegk91.jpg

Every driver on the grid has been caught saying something dumb during the heat of the race.  Emotions run high and especially so for someone that hasn’t won a race in almost 10 years.  

It’s probably best that he wasn’t caught sharing what he really feels about Lewis since that would’ve gotten him canceled and been the last time Fernando ever stepped foot in a race car.  

Big props to RB strategy for taking penalties and still going 1-2.   That’s a great move.  

As for this race, fans complain about circuits without passing opportunities and we finally get to one with many opportunities and it turns into one of the more unexciting races of the season.   🤷‍♂️ 

Edited by Hongbit

Interesting race.   Merc was in a tough spot.  Their best chance to win was to tell George to stay out and try to buffer Max, but that strategy was going to be slim odds anyway.  Max was going to catch them on softs either way.   

I am curious to understand what happened to Yuki.  It was a perfectly timed VSC for Red Bull from a mysterious issue that never seemed to show itself from their junior team.   Very convenient.  

Edited by Hongbit

Giallo Modena is the name of Ferrari yellow.  Rosso Corso is the typical red you see on their street cars.  Rosso F1-75 Opaco is the name of red on this years F1 car which you can also order on a street car.

Anyway, people have started to speculate about a special yellow livery this weekend.  I don't see it personally but it could be cool.  I think they just wanted to sell another $90 T-Shirt.

32 minutes ago, Deleterious said:

Giallo Modena is the name of Ferrari yellow.  Rosso Corso is the typical red you see on their street cars.  Rosso F1-75 Opaco is the name of red on this years F1 car which you can also order on a street car.

Anyway, people have started to speculate about a special yellow livery this weekend.  I don't see it personally but it could be cool.  I think they just wanted to sell another $90 T-Shirt.

Doesn’t matter the livery color, Ferrari really needs to find a way to win this race.