The F1 Thread

Hongbit

What an amazing run by Red Bull but damn this has been a boring season.   Very little drama on or off the circuit.    RB will soon stop all work on this years car and start pouring energy into next and that should allow some other teams to close the gap and get on top of the podium.  

F1 was riding a wave of never seen before momentum and excitement.  I’ll be interested to see how much this season slows it down.  Probably not that much now but if next season is more of the same with everyone happily conceding to RB without any pushback or fireworks then I fear F1 will lose most of the new fanbase that they gained from DTS.  

Edited by Hongbit

• 6 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I purchased F1TV for this season and I gotta say, it is very cool.

A menu slides out on the right hand side of the screen.  You can pick between two different broadcasts.  The normal one and one they call international.  It has a tracker option that is just a graphic of the track and it shows where each driver is on the track.  It has a data page that shows the time for each sector.  Each sector is broken down into smaller data bars that turn yellow/green/purple depending on the time.  The last thing they have is driver cams.  All drivers are available and when you select one you also get their unedited team radio.

Well worth the money.

• Thanks 1

Really, really hoping that someone can present a challenge to Red Bull this season.   I’m not ready for another season like the last.   

Side note, I liked this season of DTS quite a bit.   I thought the show had lost their top gear after a blah season 5.    Had no idea the hate and backstory of the two Frenchman.  I assume they were buddies like the young English drivers.  Not the case at all.    Liked the Alpha Tauri storyline with the 3 drivers as well.   

Freddie Vasseur is great.  I’m going to enjoy cheering for him in 2025.  

• Thanks 1

Damn good thing I was paying attention today.  I didn’t realize this was a Friday Quali race.  

Good start for Scuderia.   The must have rubbed Fred’s head for luck.     C’est dommage Alpine.   

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/12/2024 at 8:20 PM, Deleterious said:

I fear this is going to be a trend unless someone can step up and start giving Max a challenge on race day.  I don’t see the average American fan staying interested in watching races where the winner is essentially predetermined.