03/21/2022 07:00 EST Portland Trail Blazers @ Detroit Pistons

casimir

https://theathletic.com/3198951/2022/03/21/heat-a-potential-suitor-for-bradley-beal-herniated-disc-holding-ben-simmons-back-and-more-nba-news-inside-pass/

The Portland Trail Blazers are expected to seriously pursue Pistons forward Jerami Grant in the offseason, sources said. Armed with the Pelicans’ 2022 first-round draft selection, the Trail Blazers will explore offering the pick should it fall between Nos. 5 and 14 in the June draft. If the pick does not fall in that range and convey to Portland this offseason, the organization’s package falls behind competing teams that are chasing Detroit’s versatile forward. Grant is eligible for a four-year, $112 million contract extension in the offseason.

Grant and Trail Blazers star Damian Lillard played together in Team USA’s gold medal run in the Tokyo Olympics last summer.

5 minutes ago, buddha said:

are teams really ready to give up a top ten-ish pick for jerami grant?

This isn't a great draft so I could see a team giving up a back half of the lottery pick for Grant.  Especially a team like Portland who is trying to give it one more go with an aging star.  They would also have two lottery picks this year so dumping one isn't terrible.

I'd love to see us get one of those Portland picks, but I think I'm out on believing any hype about Grant trades until they actually happen at this point. With how Grant has been playing lately I could see Weaver either increasing the price or wanting to hang on to him. There was a report that he was against trading Grant and Tellem was the one pushing for it, so who knows what happens.

Just about any other year Cade would be a shoe in for ROY but with the play of guys like Mobley, Barnes and a couple others its going to take a monumental finish for him to take it home and even then Id give him a small chance given how well Mobley and the Cavs had played. 

Btw the Raps are looking like geniuses now for that Barnes pick. They took some heat draft night for passing on Suggs but as of this point atleast it looks like they made the right choice.

1 hour ago, RandyMarsh said:

Just about any other year Cade would be a shoe in for ROY but with the play of guys like Mobley, Barnes and a couple others its going to take a monumental finish for him to take it home and even then Id give him a small chance given how well Mobley and the Cavs had played. 

Btw the Raps are looking like geniuses now for that Barnes pick. They took some heat draft night for passing on Suggs but as of this point atleast it looks like they made the right choice.

I laughed when they picked Barnes.

I was pretty sad when Giddey got hurt.  He had really come on strong the past few months.

Cade wont win ROY and that is fine.  I'm 100% content with the pick.

7 hours ago, buddha said:

good loss.  cade scored well and the team lost to the blazers' B team.

They fell behind big & early and it held up.  I turned the recording off about 1/2 way through the 3rd and I guess I missed a run to climb back into the game in the 4th.  Was shocked to see a final margin of 4.

Cade's gotta cut back on the TOs, hopefully that'll come with experience and better players around him. I know I see seemingly 1 or 2 a game that get credited to him due to having to force things or being put in a tough position due to his teammates.

Still though they have been a problem but other than that it's hard to be disappointed at all with his play the last few months. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, RandyMarsh said:

Cade's gotta cut back on the TOs, hopefully that'll come with experience and better players around him. I know I see seemingly 1 or 2 a game that get credited to him due to having to force things or being put in a tough position due to his teammates.

Still though they have been a problem but other than that it's hard to be disappointed at all with his play the last few months. 

isiah had a few 9 or 10 turnover games when he was a rookie too.  cade's handle hopefully will get better, but its tough for such a young guy to have the entire team on his shoulders.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, buddha said:

isiah had a few 9 or 10 turnover games when he was a rookie too.  cade's handle hopefully will get better, but its tough for such a young guy to have the entire team on his shoulders.

Yeah just went and looked at a Lebron's rookie year and he averaged 3.5 a game while Cade's at 3.6. I checked him out cause he was the first guy that came to mind when it came to being put in a high usage situation as a rookie with poor teammates. 

• Thanks 1

turnovers are overrated as a stat anyway.  if youre the main offensive creator and ballhandler who can get his own shot and shots for others, youre gonna have some turnovers.  if youre just a point guard standing on the perimeter lobbing the ball into the post or hitting a jumpshooter on a curl and are surrounded by good finishers, you'll have less.

and yes, this is a comment on why isiah was and will always be a better player than john stockton's supremely overrated ass.