03/29/2022 07:30 EDT Detroit Pistons @ Brooklyn Nets

casimir

Perfect tank game. Cade went off, Stewart played well again (he's really come on lately) and they lose a competitive game. Stealth tank move by Casey to bench Bagley for most of the second half after starting 5-6 from the field. I see you Dwayne, I see you.

Edited by NYLion

14 hours ago, NYLion said:

Stealth tank move by Casey to bench Bagley for most of the second half after starting 5-6 from the field. I see you Dwayne, I see you.

Did you see his defense? That's the real reason Casey benches him. He definitely brings a nice element on the offensive end, but he's truly bad on defense.

Definitely a fun game though. Perfect for the tank, as you said. Cade was so impressive going blow for blow with KD. Main difference is that KD got to the foul line and the refs have consistently ignored Cade all season no matter how much contact he draws.

Killian has been quietly showing flashes for a while now as well. His defense continues impress and he's a solid passer, but now he's driving more and being more aggressive offensively. It's still a work in progress, but he's showing signs of that eh could become a solid bench PG. I have to keep reminding myself that's he's only 20 and has only played in 85 games or so (basically 1 season).

Just need 6 more games like this. Tied for first in lottery odds so we control our destiny from here.

2 hours ago, Betrayer said:

Killian has been quietly showing flashes for a while now as well. His defense continues impress and he's a solid passer, but now he's driving more and being more aggressive offensively. It's still a work in progress, but he's showing signs of that eh could become a solid bench PG. I have to keep reminding myself that's he's only 20 and has only played in 85 games or so (basically 1 season).

Its easy to forget Hayes has lost a lot of time.  And it ain't like he's been surrounded by greatness when he has played.

I want to see how he looks next season.  There will be another top draft pick added.  Cunningham, Bay, and Stewart will have another season under their belts as well.  Maybe he isn't destined to be more than a bench PG.  Maybe he figures enough out to be a starter.

2 hours ago, casimir said:

Its easy to forget Hayes has lost a lot of time.  And it ain't like he's been surrounded by greatness when he has played.

I want to see how he looks next season.  There will be another top draft pick added.  Cunningham, Bay, and Stewart will have another season under their belts as well.  Maybe he isn't destined to be more than a bench PG.  Maybe he figures enough out to be a starter.

and we'll sign miles bridges...

7 hours ago, casimir said:

It's going to be a really interesting offseason for the Pistons, one of the most interesting since... I can't remember. The top pick, enough cap space to sign an impact free agent and the Grant decision. With the right moves, the Pistons could be in the hunt for a play in spot next season.

Barring a setback or injury to Cade I fully expect the Pistons to atleast be in competition for one of the play in spots next season and if they aren't that will be really disappointing. Since Cade has started hitting his stride a couple months ago they've basically played at or close to that level so you'd expect with another off season of growth from him, a full season of Bagley(assuming they resign him) and a top pick that they should play even better next season.