Cleanup in Aisle Lunatic (h/t romad1)

chasfh

I disagree with those analogies.  It's a cliche but we are in a new world now. Past performances are no longer indicative of anything.  Our fractured media landscape with it's bubbles and our gerrymandered legislatures at the state and federal level... it's all different.  what went down previously is not going to give us any insight.  The old way of doing things is no longer valid.  

I think we are at the civil war era in terms of political landscape.  Not in the sense of there being an actual war and people dying but I'm thinking about political parties and the field.  The Republican Party has evolved and 1/2 of it doesn't fit and many of that 1/2 still think it can be saved.  That's misguided.  The Republican Party is the party of Trump and Karmano and Kari Lake.  No one is going to undo that anytime soon.  A national poll may offer hope but it's what happens in the states that makes that decision.

12 minutes ago, jz68 said:

Digital piggy shows up, drops a 💩 and then scurries away, unwilling and unable to defend his positions.   

CDC gives guidance for trans people ‘chestfeeding’ kids, accused of failing to consider possible health risks

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s official website published advice for trans and non-binary individuals on seeking guidance on how to “chestfeed” their infants.

Several doctors criticized the guidance, not simply because CDC has appeared to guide biological men in how to breastfeed children, but because they claimed the CDC has failed to gauge the risks posed to children drinking milk produced by chemicals used in gender-reassignment medical operations. 

FDA’s warning that one of these drugs, domperidone, “can pass into breast milk in small amounts and can sometimes give babies an irregular heartbeat as a result.

https://nypost.com/2023/07/05/cdc-advises-trans-people-chestfeeding-kids-accused-of-neglecting-health-risks/

Breastfeeding as a trans dad: 'A baby doesn't know what your pronouns are'  | Transgender | The Guardian

Edited by digitalpigsmuggler

2 hours ago, oblong said:

I disagree with those analogies.  It's a cliche but we are in a new world now. Past performances are no longer indicative of anything.  Our fractured media landscape with it's bubbles and our gerrymandered legislatures at the state and federal level... it's all different.  what went down previously is not going to give us any insight.  The old way of doing things is no longer valid.  

I think we are at the civil war era in terms of political landscape.  Not in the sense of there being an actual war and people dying but I'm thinking about political parties and the field.  The Republican Party has evolved and 1/2 of it doesn't fit and many of that 1/2 still think it can be saved.  That's misguided.  The Republican Party is the party of Trump and Karmano and Kari Lake.  No one is going to undo that anytime soon.  A national poll may offer hope but it's what happens in the states that makes that decision.

Its Peggy Noonan.  You know she wrote it with a quill whilst drinking an invigorating tea

• Like 2

From the article:

There appear to be at least three forms of this public political/governmental sociopathy present today. The first are those individuals for whom sociopathic tendencies are deep-seated and a core feature of who they are – the former president being a prime example. A second form includes the scores of Republicans and right-wingers who have decided to play the role or act sociopathic for their own personal gain. This includes hard-line MAGA members such as Marjorie Taylor Greene, Lauren Boebert, Kari Lake and Matt Gaetz, who decided to infect themselves with contagious sociopathy.

The third group with contagious sociopathy are the passive enablers of widespread acts of manipulation and cruelty ranging from long-serving, establishment leaders like Sen. Mitch McConnell (R-KY) all the way to the throngs of people clad in Confederate flags and MAGA idolatry whose inaction and permissiveness serves as a large-scale petri dish by which contagious sociopathy can flourish. It cannot go without mentioning that the processes of cultism are at play here as well.

Edited by CMRivdogs

1 hour ago, jz68 said:

Republican's not having a good day today.  They're going to need to regroup and find some new "witnesses" and "whistle blowers".  

This is pants-falling-down-around-your-ankles-while-you-are-shaking-hands-with-the-bishop level embarrassment. 

On 7/10/2023 at 11:05 AM, digitalpigsmuggler said:

CDC gives guidance for trans people ‘chestfeeding’ kids, accused of failing to consider possible health risks

https://nypost.com/2023/07/05/cdc-advises-trans-people-chestfeeding-kids-accused-of-neglecting-health-risks/

Breastfeeding as a trans dad: 'A baby doesn't know what your pronouns are'  | Transgender | The Guardian

It does sound kind of wacky to a guy in his 60s who’s never heard of this kind of thing before, but my reading on this tonight has taught me that some transitioning people can still lactate, and that this is valid, so, OK, seems as though guidance is needed.

The NY Post story claims to have spoken with “several doctors” who express concerns that the CDC has “failed to gauge the risks posed to children drinking milk produced by chemicals used in gender-reassignment medical operations”, but this whole sidebar seems speculative, on the same order as, we shouldn’t give people welfare because they’ll just spend it on drugs.

Also, I don’t see anything that indicates that chestfeeding people are at any more risk of poisoning their children with milk tainted by hormone drugs than breastfeeding people are of poisoning their children with milk tainted by methamphetamine, fentanyl, cocaine, heroin, or any number of other dangerous, deadly, and/or illegal drugs.

Besdies, the CDC page discussing this has a link to another page listing out drugs that transitioning people use, including Estradiol, Spironolactone, and even testosterone, so the guidance definitely contemplates the phenomenon of transitioning people chestfeeding their children: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK501922/

I’d rather the CDC provide guidance on this under Biden than for them to allow Trump to influence them to discourage COVID testing even for people exposed to those known to have the virus. https://www.cnbc.com/2021/02/08/trump-administration-influenced-cdc-guidance-to-suppress-covid-testing-house-panel-says.html

Edited by chasfh

1 hour ago, chasfh said:

It does sound kind of wacky to a guy in his 60s who’s never heard of this kind of thing before, but my reading on this tonight has taught me that some transitioning people can still lactate, and that this is valid, so, OK, seems as though guidance is needed.

The NY Post story claims to have spoken with “several doctors” who express concerns that the CDC has “failed to gauge the risks posed to children drinking milk produced by chemicals used in gender-reassignment medical operations”, but this whole sidebar seems speculative, on the same order as, we shouldn’t give people welfare because they’ll just spend it on drugs.

Also, I don’t see anything that indicates that chestfeeding people are at any more risk of poisoning their children with milk tainted by hormone drugs than breastfeeding people are of poisoning their children with milk tainted by methamphetamine, fentanyl, cocaine, heroin, or any number of other dangerous, deadly, and/or illegal drugs.

Besdies, the CDC page discussing this has a link to another page listing out drugs that transitioning people use, including Estradiol, Spironolactone, and even testosterone, so the guidance definitely contemplates the phenomenon of transitioning people chestfeeding their children: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK501922/

I’d rather the CDC provide guidance on this under Biden than for them to allow Trump to influence them to discourage COVID testing even for people exposed to those known to have the virus. https://www.cnbc.com/2021/02/08/trump-administration-influenced-cdc-guidance-to-suppress-covid-testing-house-panel-says.html

The fact you are comparing “chest feeders” to people who take illegals drugs is sort of the whole point. 

It’s also worth pointing out there are no long term studies of this. 
A biological male filled with hormones and a concoction of other drugs that have not been studied that could harm a baby should NEVER be encouraged.

https://www.marshall.senate.gov/newsroom/press-releases/sen-marshall-slams-cdcs-advice-encouraging-biological-men-to-chestfeed-infants/

they are literally telling men to take this drug. 

https://www.fda.gov/drugs/information-drug-class/fda-talk-paper-fda-warns-against-women-using-unapproved-drug-domperidone-increase-milk-production

In response to reports that women may be using an unapproved drug, domperidone, to increase milk production (lactation), the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) is warning breastfeeding women not to use this product because of safety concerns. 

On 7/10/2023 at 7:17 PM, romad1 said:

This is crazy!  This person is a Chinese agent!

I've been busy and out of politics a bit, pretty much nothing but the Bulwark for me lately which beat up on Comer as well, but the little I know indicates that this guy was involved in the same Chinese energy company that Hunter tried to work with where 10% was going for the 'big guy'.  How does this guy being an unregistered chinese agent hurt his case?  If he can prove ties to Hunter, doesn't that in fact bolster his case?   (Granted i'm sure this could be a 100% plee to try and win political support because he and he alone is guilty)

9 minutes ago, ewsieg said:

I've been busy and out of politics a bit, pretty much nothing but the Bulwark for me lately which beat up on Comer as well, but the little I know indicates that this guy was involved in the same Chinese energy company that Hunter tried to work with where 10% was going for the 'big guy'.  How does this guy being an unregistered chinese agent hurt his case?  If he can prove ties to Hunter, doesn't that in fact bolster his case?   (Granted i'm sure this could be a 100% plee to try and win political support because he and he alone is guilty)

This is the Hunter Biden who plead guilty to tax evasion and is in a drug diversion program?  

Seattle public schools offer free sex change services to students as young as 13 without telling parents

The largest public school district in Washington State is referring students in the district to free "gender-affirming care."

Services include “gender-affirming medications (estrogen, androgen blockers, testosterone, etc.) and injection techniques,” “hormone therapy for adolescents and specialty referrals for younger patients as needed,” and “referrals for gender-affirming surgeries.”

In Washington State, such treatments can be given out to children without parental consent including for reproductive health, sexually transmitted diseases, substance use, gender dysphoria, gender-affirming care & more.

https://thepostmillennial.com/seattle-public-schools-offer-free-sex-change-services-to-students-as-young-as-13-without-telling-parents?cfp

40 minutes ago, digitalpigsmuggler said:

Seattle public schools offer free sex change services to students as young as 13 without telling parents

https://thepostmillennial.com/seattle-public-schools-offer-free-sex-change-services-to-students-as-young-as-13-without-telling-parents?cfp

Hey, dps, how about you give our tired eyes a break and have you titles be in plain old default size, instead of the jumbo bold type?

Could you find it in your heart to do maybe that little thing?  
Could you, maybe?

• Thanks 1

Detroit Police Commissioner Bryan Ferguson resigns after he was ‘caught in NSFW act in car & asked cops to help him out’

Undercover officers from the Wayne County Sheriff’s Department saw Ferguson committing a lewd act with a sex worker at around 7.15am on Wednesday, according to the law enforcement agency.

When deputies approached him, Ferguson asked if they could “help him out” and told them his position, Captain Jason Bates said.

https://www.the-sun.com/news/8597761/bryan-ferguson-detroit-police-commissioner-resigns-prostitute-scandal/