All Hype, no Haymaker

I'm really sorry if some of you feel as though supporting failure somehow makes you a "superior" fan to me. I'm just not wired that way. I cheer success, and I loath failure...I am FANatic in both capacities.

It's not that I am enjoying these guy's failures. I'd love it if Javy, and E-rod  and our outfield platoon raced neck and neck to the MVP award this season.

But in honesty, I was like "E-Rod? Really?"   And when we signed Javy, the first thing that came to mind was his vulnerability to breaking balls in the dirt.....something my Cubbie fan friends told me to anticipate.  I would dearly have loved for those guys to have made me eat an extra helping of humble pie over my concerns, but so far they are exactly who I expected them to be.

I steadfastly believe that we are where we are, because we  ARE who we are.  We ARE the lower priced spread.

And for however long we are closer to .333 than we are .500, there's not a lot you are going to be able to say to convince me otherwise.

I said earlier this year that I would consider .500 to be success....let Al deliver that, and I'll change my outlook

Edited by Useful Idiot

The reason the Tigers are so bad have nothing to do to with the payroll. So you aren't even complaining about the correct problem. 

We are 5 years into a rebuild and we do not have a home grown prospect in the lineup that wasn't drafted #1 overall. No franchise, especially one not located in New York or Los Angeles, can compete without developing homegrown cost controlled talent.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Sports_Freak said:

Listen closely.....stop trolling and hating. If you don't like watching the Tigers, go knit yourself a sweater.

See? You're just unhappy because I won't "pump sunshine"  and pretend everything will be just peachy once we follow the yellowbrick road.

All the excelsior pretending that  our failures are just due to the cold weather, or the plague of injuries... looks mostly like this to me:

spacer.png

Hey, if you guys wanna speculate how things can get better, I'm not here to try and stop you.

But since we are speculating,..let me speculate that the injuries to our  rook starting pitchers might be the product of expecting kiddies to fill too bigga void? PERHAPS had we splurged a little on top tier pitching, then the kiddies might not have had to try and carry the load that they did?  (again, since speculating is allowed)

Edited by Useful Idiot

3 minutes ago, Useful Idiot said:

See? You're just unhappy because I won't "pump sunshine"  and pretend everything will be just peachy once we follow the yellowbrick road.

All the excelsior pretending that  our failures are just due to the cold weather, or the plague of injuries... looks mostly like this to me:

spacer.png

Hey, if you guys wanna speculate how things can get better, I'm not here to try and stop you.

But since we are speculating,..let me speculate that the injuries to our  rook starting pitchers might be the product of expecting kiddies to fill too bigga void? PERHAPS had we splurged a little on top tier pitching, then the kiddies might not have had to try and carry the load that they did?  (again, since speculating is allowed)

TLDR. I really don't care what your negative opinion is. I love Tiger baseball and if that upsets you, you could always go knit a sweater. And I hope you realize that's code for what you can go do to yourself.

• Haha 1