Oh Yes!

romad1

54 minutes ago, Hongbit said:

It appears they are making adjustments based on the recent transfers in from places like Nebraska and Coastal Carolina.

Manuel sent out an e-mail a few weeks ago that I think hit the whole university staff and faculty with all kinds of NIL revisions, approved orgs etc, Not sure why he thought we all cared about that kind of detail but whatever. So yeah - they are moving. Whether in a good direction? Who knows? :classic_laugh:

6 minutes ago, romad1 said:

I think the sound you hear is Santa Ono knowing this is hardball and the two time B1G coach shouldn't be the third highest paid coach in the conference.

The boss move would be for Jim eschew a salary increase and instead demand they name him Dean of the Engineering school too.  

Edited by Hongbit

Hearing from a guy who I sort of trust... so weight that information "a source that ROMAD sort of trusts but whose reporting has not been corroborated..." 

That the hangup on the new contract is buyout language.  

Edited by romad1

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, romad1 said:

The Michigan Athletic Department has a few things to be proud of and this is one of them

Show that to anyone who stumbles in life.  

This was great.  

Not sure if you heard but the impact was felt all over the athletic department.   Warde let the girls use his wife’s car,  Jim bought them all hamburgers, and Matt Weiss let them use Mike Hart’s email.  

33 minutes ago, Hongbit said:

This was great.  

Not sure if you heard but the impact was felt all over the athletic department.   Warde let the girls use his wife’s car,  Jim bought them all hamburgers, and Matt Weiss let them use Mike Hart’s email.  

I didn't hear any of those things.   Did a doctor lecherously probe them as well?

Boy the Sparty hit job by the Freep today was pretty aggressive. 

But an apology was not sufficient in Harbaugh's eyes for what occurred days later. It was Oct. 29, when eight MSU players "attacked" — in Harbaugh's words — two Michigan players (Gemon Green and Ja'Den McBurrows), separately, in the Lloyd Carr Tunnel following U-M's 29-7 rivalry victory.

So, Harbaugh was the only person who watched that video or saw the events take place live?

56 minutes ago, romad1 said:

Boy the Sparty hit job by the Freep today was pretty aggressive. 

So, Harbaugh was the only person who watched that video or saw the events take place live?

Sparty hit job?  

This was the thesis of the article.

While these issues vary in the nature of seriousness, what they seem to share is a lack of consistency, transparency and accountability in the response from the program and the school that we should demand from all public institutions.

He pointed out almost 10 different situations across many sports where he felt they failed proper transparency and accountability.  You ignore all of them and every other word because he put “attacked” in quotations when describing the tunnel incident.    

Disagree with his points all you want and champion the great work of Warde Manuel but this is not a hit job article by any means.  

Edited by Hongbit

1 hour ago, Hongbit said:

Sparty hit job?  

While these issues vary in the nature of seriousness, what they seem to share is a lack of consistency, transparency and accountability in the response from the program and the school that we should demand from all public institutions.

He pointed out almost 10 different situations across many sports where he felt they failed proper transparency and accountability.  You ignore all of them and every other word because he put “attacked” in quotations when describing the tunnel incident.    

Disagree with his points all you want and champion the great work of Warde Manuel but this is not a hit job article by any means.  

He destroyed his credibility with that hand wave at the typical Sparty violence.  I'm sure the MSU Police Brutality Program is fire. 

(note: ROMAD1's son is at MSU as we speak attending the Chem program and likes it very much).

Edited by romad1

23 minutes ago, romad1 said:

He destroyed his credibility with that hand wave at the typical Sparty violence.  I'm sure the MSU Police Brutality Program is fire. 

(note: ROMAD1's son is at MSU as we speak attending the Chem program and likes it very much).

The Freep is now owned by Gannett, even if their reporting is factual its credibility is going to suffer because UM is the closest target of opportunity for another RW US media company to own the libs and newspapers have to skew right because that is the demo that still reads them. Joe Stroud is probably rolling over in his grave.

Most of the Freep's reporting about UM in recent years has been all squeaky wheel journalism, because it's always pretty easy to find someone on campus dramatically (and being UM, articulately) unhappy about something that makes a good 'look at those silly academics' story. And of course, there is always enough of that going on for real. :classic_laugh:

Edited by gehringer_2

27 minutes ago, gehringer_2 said:

The Freep is now owned by Gannett, even if their reporting is factual its credibility is going to suffer because UM is the closest target of opportunity for another RW US media company to own the libs and newspapers have to skew right because that is the demo that still reads them. Joe Stroud is probably rolling over in his grave.

Most of the Freep's reporting about UM in recent years has been all squeaky wheel journalism, because it's always pretty easy to find someone on campus dramatically (and being UM, articulately) unhappy about something that makes a good 'look at those silly academics' story. And of course, there is always enough of that going on for real. :classic_laugh:

2 hours ago, Hongbit said:

Sparty hit job?  

My favorite website for M content besides this one of course, has just put out a hit on Tony Garcia in a metaphorical sense.  His content is banned from MGOBLOG.

• Confused 1

Just now, romad1 said:

My favorite website for M content besides this one of course, has just put out a hit on Tony Garcia in a metaphorical sense.  His content is banned from MGOBLOG.

best comment from that discussion

Mgoscottie

January 29th, 2023 at 12:44 PM ^

Why is there still this wild misconception that you need to listen to people intentionally trying to spread misinformation to be open-minded and balanced. There is no evidence of this nonsense. Go read a book, listen to a podcast, but you don't need to listen to intentional idiots to become informed. 

That’s funny.  I was going to ask in the OP if your ridiculous dismissal of the entire article over the use of quotations over a single word in a single example among many others cited was your thought or UM blogosphere groupthink.

Got my answer.  

It’s almost a FoxNews like, the obsession the UM cronies let Sam Webb and the MGoBlog boys have over their opinion.    They use their platform to vigorously defend the program at all costs and people will believe whatever blue flavored spin they put out there.   Replace libs and snowflakes with Spartan and Buckeye  and the Detroit media with fake news.  The call and response behavior between the two are eerily similar. 

13 minutes ago, Hongbit said:

That’s funny.  I was going to ask in the OP if your ridiculous dismissal of the entire article over the use of quotations over a single word in a single example among many others cited was your thought or UM blogosphere groupthink.

Got my answer.  

It’s almost a FoxNews like, the obsession the UM cronies let Sam Webb and the MGoBlog boys have over their opinion.    They use their platform to vigorously defend the program at all costs and people will believe whatever blue flavored spin they put out there.   Replace libs and snowflakes with Spartan and Buckeye  and the Detroit media with fake news.  The call and response behavior between the two are eerily similar. 

You are not of the body.

4 hours ago, Hongbit said:

Got my answer.  

the u$c fan will come and have his say about how much michigan sucks.  rinse.  repeat.  lol.

in fairness, there is no thread about michigan state football because no one here gives a shit and they have no fans outside the state of michigan.

14 minutes ago, buddha said:

the u$c fan will come and have his say about how much michigan sucks.  rinse.  repeat.  lol.

in fairness, there is no thread about michigan state football because no one here gives a shit and they have no fans outside the state of michigan.

No, the State fans were only interested enough to blow up the college forums a few years back. Once that was done they all left.  :classic_sad:

3 hours ago, buddha said:

I think people care a lot about MSU football.  They just lack the ability to articulate that because of their poor educations.