07/19/2022 08:00 EDT American League vs National League at Chavez Ravine

casimir

What a major disappointment.  The worst coverage I have ever seen.  Miggy gets 1 AB and they don't show any of it.  They didn't even acknowledge that he was batting.  Not a single word of it.  This could very well be his final All-Star game, his last hurrah, and they don't say anything about it.  Instead they are showing David Ortiz goofing off in the dugout.  Way too many players were mic'd up and they were having actual conversations with pitchers while they were pitching.  Such a disaster!  

Then there are the uniforms.  I really like the uniforms, however it just feels wrong with them not wearing their normal uniforms during the game.  The whole game felt wrong.  I really used to enjoy the All-Star game.  I look forward to it each year.  But now I don't care to watch it next year.  Congratulations MLB, you've turned me away from the All-Star game.  You've done the complete opposite of what you were trying to do.  

24 minutes ago, bobrob2004 said:

What a major disappointment.  The worst coverage I have ever seen.  Miggy gets 1 AB and they don't show any of it.  They didn't even acknowledge that he was batting.  Not a single word of it.  This could very well be his final All-Star game, his last hurrah, and they don't say anything about it.  Instead they are showing David Ortiz goofing off in the dugout.  Way too many players were mic'd up and they were having actual conversations with pitchers while they were pitching.  Such a disaster!  

Then there are the uniforms.  I really like the uniforms, however it just feels wrong with them not wearing their normal uniforms during the game.  The whole game felt wrong.  I really used to enjoy the All-Star game.  I look forward to it each year.  But now I don't care to watch it next year.  Congratulations MLB, you've turned me away from the All-Star game.  You've done the complete opposite of what you were trying to do.  

Joe Davis was an improvement on Buck, but that may be the only improvement to the telecast I saw lol

The jerseys were awful.

David Ortiz clowning with the dugout was awful.

I liked talking to the pitcher on the mound.  I would absolutely hate it during a real game of consequence.  But during an all star game?  Yeah, I liked when he was guessing what sign he thought the catcher was going to give him.  That was a different angle to a broadcast.