11/18/2022 10:30 EST Detroit Pistons vs Los Angeles Lakers

casimir

11 minutes ago, Betrayer said:

Ugh. That's going to make this an even more painful season. I guess Ivey gets thrown to the wolves and we see if this Killian uptick can be sustained. Either way, it's going to result in a lot of losses so I guess that's good for the tank crowd.

I think its kind of obvious that there would be plenty of losses to begin with.  This just enhances the odds.

I'll be honest, unless in the end the Pistons pull another top overall pick, this just sucks.  I'd prefer to have had Ivey and Cunningham develop together.

2 hours ago, casimir said:

I think its kind of obvious that there would be plenty of losses to begin with.  This just enhances the odds.

I'll be honest, unless in the end the Pistons pull another top overall pick, this just sucks.  I'd prefer to have had Ivey and Cunningham develop together.

It's not like they were sitting on Ivey, but he's gonna to get a bigger chance to show if he can shine.

14 minutes ago, Betrayer said:

And Saddiq Bey went out as well with a turned ankle.

Yes, good point.

This was the winnable game of the trip, especially with James out.  Cunningham and Stewart are out.  Have to imagine Diallo and Bey are at least limited.  This has the makings of an 0 for 6 west coast trip.

If you have to lose 65+ games in a season, this is the season to do it.

This isn't just a top 2 draft.  Those two guys are great but there are another 6-8 guys after them that are very good as well.  And other than Victor, it is mostly wings and guards.  

I'm not even counting Bates getting his stuff together.  If he does that just adds another person to the mix.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Betrayer said:

Ugh. That's going to make this an even more painful season. I guess Ivey gets thrown to the wolves and we see if this Killian uptick can be sustained. Either way, it's going to result in a lot of losses so I guess that's good for the tank crowd.

I guess the silver lining here would be that the ball should be in Ivey's hands.. a lot. 

I think the pressure for wins just went to about zero... so all Ivey needs to do is learn and improve.

On that note... I'm ready to remove Bey and Stewart from the starting lineup as all they'll do is take the ball out of Ivey's hands and do very little on offense in the process. They'll end up with starters' minutes anyways at 30-35 per game, even if they aren't starting. surround Ivey with shooters (Burks, Livers and Bojan) and a rim-attacking big (Duren)... This will be a "learning year" anyways so it doesn't matter who's in the starting lineup... even a bunch of kids...

Put Bey & Stewart together with Killian, add whatever shooting guard is still healthy, and either match-up driven Bagley (offense) or Noel (defense), and the second unit should be good enough... with Bey and Stewart supporting the starters with minutes as needed...