2022 FIFA World Cup of Marketing (with soccer tournament)

Hongbit

argentina's group is very interesting now because every team has a chance to advance going into the last day.

mexico must win.  saudi arabia can advance with a tie if argentina gets waxed by poland.  argentina can advance with a tie if saudi and mexico tie.  poland has the best odds and can definitely advance with a tie.

gonna be a fun last day.

Not sure what to think today.  USA has gotten better each time out and hopefully a natural progression will continue and they will dominate the midfield and finally finish crosses.  Let’s also hope today’s Zimmermoment doesn’t end up in the back of the goal.

On the other hand,  Iran has looked good in the 2nd half of both games.  They play hard.  If they lose this may be the last time we may see some of their players and I’m not just talking on a soccer field.  

US 2

Iran (proudly pronounced I-Ran) 1 

I feel like a GQP'er monitoring a precinct.  I see stuff happening, but I don't understand it.

I understood why the goal that was waved off was offsides, but surprised that the first goal wasn't questioned.  From the gif's I see on it, it looks blatantly offsides (at least from the angle I saw).

I never realized that you would voluntarily play a man down.  I get wanting to keep your best player in, but is it that much of a drop off that playing the 12th best player in your country that you'd prefer to play short handed?  That seemed insane to me.

the memes and tik toks around the world cup are always tremendous.

watch out dutch, here we come!  get ready to stomp on some tulips!  time to rename holland, michigan!

but seriously, the dutch arent that great.  its hard to tell with this us team.  its midfield is playing tremendously well right now, but the only team with a world class midfield they have played is england, and england werent exactly going all out when they played the us.  the dutch must win.

now, this is a louis van gaal dutch team.  expect slow ball control and a real attempt to mitigate even the slightest of defensive mistakes.  target daley blind, he's slow af.  hope memphis is still hobbling.  hope the us can stay with gakpo cause he's the real deal and about to be sold for $100 million.  ecuador overran the dutch in midfield and controlled the game, its not out of the realm of possibility that the us could do the same.  however, the dutch defense and forwards are much better than the americans.  especially in central defense.  

• Like 1

The boys made it out of group!  Congrats and I’m glad they proved me wrong.  

This young midfield is sensational and that’s with Mckennie not nearly at 100% health.   It’s going to fun to watch these kids grow up the next decade.   Defense was also very stout.  I loved that Berhalter benched Zimmerman.  Great move.   They were able to generate a little more offense today but the lack of quality chances overall is frustrating.  It’s a nice matchup against a rebuilding Netherlands team.   This Gakpo kid is on fire and they will have to stay with him.   I like their chances on Saturday.  

7 hours ago, ewsieg said:

I feel like a GQP'er monitoring a precinct.  I see stuff happening, but I don't understand it.

I understood why the goal that was waved off was offsides, but surprised that the first goal wasn't questioned.  From the gif's I see on it, it looks blatantly offsides (at least from the angle I saw).

I never realized that you would voluntarily play a man down.  I get wanting to keep your best player in, but is it that much of a drop off that playing the 12th best player in your country that you'd prefer to play short handed?  That seemed insane to me.

pulisic's goal?  it was clearly onside.  not sure what angle you were looking at.

Screenshot_20221129-220617_Twitter.jpg

Edited by buddha