12/30/2022 8:00 EST Detroit Pistons vs Chicago Bulls

casimir

5 hours ago, buddha said:

i'll be in a suite.  the only wandering i'll be doing is back to the bar.

You were in a suite with a bar.  It was a competitive game until the final 2 minutes.  No Killian Hayes, but Andre Drummond got some yelling in and some made free throws.  Congrats, you had a hell of a night.

When you’re starting a threesome of Ivey, Bey, and Bojan on the perimeter, you know you’re in for some pain on the defensive side of the ball. I’m honestly surprised the Bulls didn’t get 150 in regulation. The horrendous defense from this team would be funny if it wasn’t so sad and disappointing, especially for a team wearing a Pistons logo.

How do we know they are reluctant to trade him?

Maybe they just have not received an offer they like.  I mentioned it will be very difficult to trade him to a contender with that contract.  On top of that, there are multiple shooters on the trade block this year so that will lower his price.  Burks is one of them and honestly, for a lower price I probably grab Burks.  On a contender both of those guys will perform the same function.  Why not snag the lower priced guy.

• Like 1

This is "reported only", so no front office specific confirmation... but I understand why the Pistons' FO might hold this position. I just don't agree with it. On Burks versus Bojan: (A) Trade them both if the offers are there. (B) I'd rather hold onto Burks than Bojan. Extend him. And trade Bojan. IMO. (C) Well... whatever happens, happens. I'm not really going to sweat it. And if the offers are better for Burks and we trade him and hold onto Bojan well, then, so be it...

Shams Charania: https://fadeawayworld.net/nba-trade-rumors/pistons-reluctant-to-trade-lakers-target-bojan-bogdanovic-according-to-shams-charania

Marc Stein is saying the same thing ("messaging from the Pistons' FO"...): https://pistonpowered.com/2022/12/19/pistons-news-keep-bojan-bogdanovic/

Neither are proof... just talking head speak so... we'll see.

22 hours ago, Betrayer said:

When you’re starting a threesome of Ivey, Bey, and Bojan on the perimeter, you know you’re in for some pain on the defensive side of the ball. I’m honestly surprised the Bulls didn’t get 150 in regulation. The horrendous defense from this team would be funny if it wasn’t so sad and disappointing, especially for a team wearing a Pistons logo.

Literally a matador defense.