04/06/2023 1:10 pm EDT Boston Red Sox vs Detroit Tigers

casimir

2 minutes ago, chasfh said:

I didn't realize Comerica does not have an out of town scoreboard anymore. I don’t know how I feel about that.

In all honesty, with everyone having cell phones now, people can look up scores if they really want to know. And I would question the value of needing to know the scores while at the game anyway, except in specific circumstances like tight division races in September. Even without a phone, you can look that stuff up at home later.

5 minutes ago, clark1mt said:

In all honesty, with everyone having cell phones now, people can look up scores if they really want to know. And I would question the value of needing to know the scores while at the game anyway, except in specific circumstances like tight division races in September. Even without a phone, you can look that stuff up at home later.

That’s why I say I don’t know how I feel about it. I haven’t relied on out of town scoreboards since the smartphone era started. But I definitely love it just for being a traditional part of the big league ballpark experience. 

1 minute ago, chasfh said:

That’s why I say I don’t know how I feel about it. I haven’t relied on out of town scoreboards since the smartphone era started. But I definitely love it just for being a traditional part of the big league ballpark experience. 

I do wonder if they'll show scores periodically, say on the ribbon boards or the main scoreboard, during breaks in the action or between innings. But that's also the domain of advertising, so probably not.

They certainly would still have the scoreboard if not for the wall changes. No reason to remove it otherwise, but also no reason to spend money to design a new one.

That was a great advance to third on the two-out single to left by TORK! The hit was closer to the line and the LF had to go get it, but the play was in front of him and TORK! saw what he saw and took advantage of it. Then he got to simply trot in on the Miggy single. Solid baserunning.