04/06/2023 1:10 pm EDT Boston Red Sox vs Detroit Tigers

casimir

14 minutes ago, Tenacious D said:

Cisnero reminds me a bit of when Benoit started losing it.

needs to be on a short leash and should not be inheriting runners unless he demonstrates his stuff is getting better.

I'd rather see Wingenter or Shreve in those situations, but even there those guys can't pitch every day. They are going to have to get leverage outings out of other guys.

9 minutes ago, kdog said:

Did Austin Meadows turn into Sean Casey? Worried about the fact that he can't lift the ball.

that might be too complimentary at this point.

i wonder what Metzler has to say about what the Rays thought they were giving up?

Edited by RatkoVarda

25 minutes ago, Tenacious D said:

Cisnero reminds me a bit of when Benoit started losing it.

needs to be on a short leash and should not be inheriting runners unless he demonstrates his stuff is getting better.

Cisnero was known to be garbage last year. He was walking almost seven guys per nine, but his BABIP was something like .240 and he got lucky by throwing up a goose egg on HR/FB, so his topline numbers were deceptively good. But still, that walk rate. I thought the new regime was going to give him the gate because he obviously could not “control the strike zone”.

My best guess is they kept him on with a cheap contract hoping he’d get lucky and be able to move him for something decent in July, versus just having to let him go for nothing. He’s not following that script so far, though, is he?

14 minutes ago, Motor City Sonics said:

Time for Cisnero to go.    He shouldn't have been brought back. 

Brendan White seems to be the best early candidate (IMO) to bring up if they make quick work of Cisnero.

Not opposed to moving on from Cisnero at all...

Churn Baby Churn!

1 hour ago, chasfh said:

Cisnero was known to be garbage last year. He was walking almost seven guys per nine, but his BABIP was something like .240 and he got lucky by throwing up a goose egg on HR/FB, so his topline numbers were deceptively good. But still, that walk rate. I thought the new regime was going to give him the gate because he obviously could not “control the strike zone”.

My best guess is they kept him on with a cheap contract hoping he’d get lucky and be able to move him for something decent in July, versus just having to let him go for nothing. He’s not following that script so far, though, is he?

He was coming off a lengthy injury, so I was OK bringing him back to see if he could get closer to 2021.  Again, his leash should be very short now.

17 hours ago, clark1mt said:

In all honesty, with everyone having cell phones now, people can look up scores if they really want to know. And I would question the value of needing to know the scores while at the game anyway, except in specific circumstances like tight division races in September. Even without a phone, you can look that stuff up at home later.

I think I prefer the out of town scoreboard in line of sight of the game as opposed to pulling my phone out of my pocket.  Although I guess with the quicker pace of the game now I might not look at the scoreboard until in between innings anyway.

Its an interest point, though.  It seems like one of those features that were assumed necessary at the park.  Now that it's gone, I think people realize that, hey, maybe its not so necessary.  Every once in a while I'll have someone in my office and they realize I don't have a wall clock.  But I don't need one.  I have one on the computer, on my cell phone, on the office phone.  Same difference, I guess.

17 hours ago, chasfh said:

There’s a solid DP, and TORK! with the scoop!

Torkelson has been getting plenty of practice at scooping this season.  Its nice that (1) he can do it well and (2) Baez has confidence in Torkelson to do it, but some of Baez' throws have just been poor.