04/17/2023 6:40 pm EDT Cleveland Guardians vs Detroit Tigers

casimir

7 minutes ago, mtutiger said:

Most of these same people complain and complain about how bad the team is and how much they hate watching it. And one imagines most, if not all of them, will not be among the hundreds that would actually go down to the stadium and watch in 35-40 degree weather.

Just can't argue with that lol

The only criticism that I have is that the game isn't rescheduled for Thursday, which is the pick day weatherwise and doesn't necessitate a doubleheader.  Make it a day game.  Cleveland has a home game on Friday, Detroit is in Baltimore on Friday.  Neither travel is awful.  But there are probably other issues involved, such as it might make one or the other have too many game days in a row.  Or maybe both organizations simply prefer to keep the travel day intact. 

Meh,.... whatever.  Its baseball.  Sometimes you win.  Sometimes you lose.  Sometimes it rains.

16 minutes ago, mtutiger said:

Most of these same people complain and complain about how bad the team is and how much they hate watching it. And one imagines most, if not all of them, will not be among the hundreds that would actually go down to the stadium and watch in 35-40 degree weather.

Just can't argue with that lol

People who aren't going to the game, wasn't going to watch the game on TV, and don't really care about the game in general are complaining that there is no game.

“ThIs sport is soft.  They wouldn’t cancel a football game!”

Well, if I were a hitter, I’d like the pitcher to have a firm grip on the sphere traveling at 90+ MPH and zipping around my head.  Oh, and I couldn’t help but notice that “the real sport” in town plays in a comfy dome.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, casimir said:

“ThIs sport is soft.  They wouldn’t cancel a football game!”

Well, if I were a hitter, I’d like the pitcher to have a firm grip on the sphere traveling at 90+ MPH and zipping around my head.  Oh, and I couldn’t help but notice that “the real sport” in town plays in a comfy dome.

Yes this, I brought this up to my peers today at work when we were talking about cancelling the baseball/softball games for our district. It of course went on deaf ears so the kids are playing in 30 degree wind chills where they almost assuredly have no feeling in their fingers. 

3 minutes ago, RandyMarsh said:

Yes this, I brought this up to my peers today at work when we were talking about cancelling the baseball/softball games for our district. It of course went on deaf ears so the kids are playing in 30 degree wind chills where they almost assuredly have no feeling in their fingers. 

Good for those kids.  Playing for the love of the game.  Not sitting around sipping hot cocoa by the fire like a bunch of pre madonnas.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, casimir said:

When I was a kid we played baseball uphill both ways to and from school and we didn’t even use a designated hitter or a fancy pitch com thingamabob.

I can still feel the sting from the vibration of a fastball (probably 50 mph, if I’m being honest) against my ****ty aluminum bat.