2023 Stanley Cup Playoffs

2 hours ago, Mr.TaterSalad said:

Great game tonight and a solid effort by the Panthers. Bobrovsky looked good in net tonight and their defense showed up overall. An exciting overtime snipe to win it too.

Glad Florida won, now we have a series, but that tying goal came out of nowhere. Florida wasn’t even threatening in the 3rd. Good long PK to start overtime saved their season, for now. 

10 minutes ago, VegasTiger said:

After all the injuries and missing the playoffs last year.

And never even faced an elimination game these playoffs. Won in 5, 6,6 and 5. Not even sure whether they ever trailed a series. Quite dominant in hindsight. 

Edited by lordstanley

2 minutes ago, lordstanley said:

I’m curious, on an average regular season night, how much of the crowd is local and how much tourists? 2/3 locals? 

More than that. The city is nuts about this team. Moreso than the Raiders. I think because its homegrown. Vegas Born Baby!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, VegasTiger said:

More than that. The city is nuts about this team. Moreso than the Raiders. I think because its homegrown. Vegas Born Baby!

Great to hear. I love the different spin new fanbases bring to the sport. I wish the NHL had a couple of European teams as well. 

15 minutes ago, Mr.TaterSalad said:

I really miss when we were good and dominant. Watching these guys skate with the Cup, listening to the fans sing "We Are The Champions", I really, really miss those days. We got spoiled for so long.

That’s exactly what I was saying to my daughter. In 1997 for example, with 2 minutes to go my legs literally started shaking. I couldn’t believe it was happening. oh what a night!

Do you realize how many people will have heart attacks from being overwhelmed if Goff ever goes into victory formation for the Lions in a Super Bowl?,

Edited by lordstanley
  • Like 2