04/23/2023 1:35pm EDT Detroit Tigers vs Baltimore Orioles

casimir

52 minutes ago, gehringer_2 said:

Curiously, Baddoo has actually made a couple of decent throws this season. Hart may have had it right up thread when he said Baddoo simply didn't anticipate him trying to score, got there too late and so didn't get set up to make a better throw.

Hinch said they had him playing deep which could have been a factor but the play failed the eye test for fans and he didn't throw it to the cut off man. He made a weak throw to third.

16 hours ago, RatkoVarda said:

McKenna's bunt attempt; noted for next week.

15 hours ago, Motor City Sonics said:

If the Tigers don't at least try to brush back McKenna, they are chicken bleep.    You just don't do that. 

These are terrible posts.  McKenna is trying to win a game, a 0-0 game at that point.  The guy saw an opportunity to try to get on base to set up his team to win the game.  How can he be faulted for that?

Would you also blame a hitter for taking a borderline 3-2 pitch with a perfect game on the line?

• Thanks 3

1 hour ago, casimir said:

These are terrible posts.  McKenna is trying to win a game, a 0-0 game at that point.  The guy saw an opportunity to try to get on base to set up his team to win the game.  How can he be faulted for that?

Would you also blame a hitter for taking a borderline 3-2 pitch with a perfect game on the line?

yeah.  Hitters don't owe the opposing P anything.  I hate that kind of thinking. It's not a 8-0 game... even if it were, doesn't matter.  There's no running out the clock in baseball.  Their job is to win games not tip their cap and step aside.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, oblong said:

yeah.  Hitters don't owe the opposing P anything.  I hate that kind of thinking. It's not a 8-0 game... even if it were, doesn't matter.  There's no running out the clock in baseball.  Their job is to win games not tip their cap and step aside.

the accomplishment is pretty hollow if the other side isn't trying.

• Like 3

There is zero doubt he opts out., unless he gets hurt or implodes.  That was a team friendly contract when he signed and even more so given the free agent nuttiness this past winter.  I think he’d be attractive to any playoff contender and has proven he can pitch in a pressure cooker like Boston.

I’d like two more Malloy’s, please.

• Like 1