04/23/2023 1:35pm EDT Detroit Tigers vs Baltimore Orioles

casimir

Just went back and looked at the box score.  We pinch hit for Carpenter in the 8th.  It did help in producing a run but we got to start letting Carpenter face lefties to see if he can hit them and be more than the strong side of a platoon.  

1 hour ago, gehringer_2 said:

I'm a growing state of contradiction about Hinch. I'm pretty sure he's as good with a bullpen as anyone I've seen. He consistently gets performance out of guys that have no business being in the majors, but as more players continue to do well in AAA then fail in Det, and more young promising players come here from other system's and fail, I just have this growing feeling that somehow - whatever the parameters of the 'system' Hinch is using, it's killing his hitters.

Keep Fetter since it might be him not Hinchmus building the bullpen ?

Bummer of a game for EROD. He deserved better. 

Would really like to see Maton play second base or bench. H'e good at second and not so good at third. Just stop forcing players to play out of position. And you can not play a left fielder who simply can not throw. . Just don't. 

5 minutes ago, SoCalTiger said:

Bummer of a game for EROD. He deserved better. 

Would really like to see Maton play second base or bench. H'e good at second and not so good at third. Just stop forcing players to play out of position. And you can not play a left fielder who simply can not throw. . Just don't. 

There were some biomechanics people hired in the offseason, Baddoo seems like a candidate 

4 hours ago, Tigermojo said:

All three umpires in this series have been bad but they've been equally bad for both teams so I guess that means they are good according to MLB.

Well I'm glad my deer camp buddy from here in the U.P. was umpiring 3rd, 2nd and first in this series.

The home plate umpire today was hideous especially later in the game.

Hamari was telling me a few years ago how stressful it is umpiring behind the plate.

I get that but umpiring has gotten considerably worse during the last decade to the point that I'm hoping for to see computerized umpiring behind the plate soon.

2 hours ago, Jim Cowan said:

There were some biomechanics people hired in the offseason, Baddoo seems like a candidate 

Curiously, Baddoo has actually made a couple of decent throws this season. Hart may have had it right up thread when he said Baddoo simply didn't anticipate him trying to score, got there too late and so didn't get set up to make a better throw.