04/23/2023 1:35pm EDT Detroit Tigers vs Baltimore Orioles

casimir

Just now, gehringer_2 said:

Baddoo had TJ before he came to the Tigers and I've always wondered if because he's "just an outfielder" if he didn't do the really hard rehab work a pitcher does to bring it all the way back. 

Could be or he could just be one of those AAAA guys who are too good to stay in the minors but not good enough to stick in the bigs.   

3 minutes ago, Motor City Sonics said:

But is Maton an actual thirdbaseman or a second baseman playing third.     You know, Al Avila with 6 years of high draft picks and the team does not have a viable third baseman that'll we see anytime soon  (Sorry Colt Keith, you're destined for the OF) 

Kreidler probably the 3b glove possibility, but he's not here.

1 minute ago, gehringer_2 said:

Dan says Hinch's arg against playing the line is that he doesn't want to defend foul ground. Well, if your 3b is not a 3b and doesn't have great 3b range, than maybe you *aren't* defending foul ground playing the line?

So that's another annoying thing about Hinch.  

Hinch gives off Ausmus vibes to me where he is well spoken and a former catcher so people think he's a good manager but mostly he just does annoying things.  

4 minutes ago, Hongbit said:

Could be or he could just be one of those AAAA guys who are too good to stay in the minors but not good enough to stick in the bigs.   

IDK, throwing's not like hitting, you don't need some kind of gift. He maybe doesn't have the genes to be Dwight Evans but practice and proper conditioning and any athlete should at least be able to throw more consistently than Akil.

Edited by gehringer_2

1 minute ago, gehringer_2 said:

IDK, throwing's not like hitting, you don't need some kind of gift. He maybe doesn't have the genes to be Dwight Evans but practice and proper conditioning and any athlete should at least be able to throw more consistently than Akil.

The throw was definitely an issue but I would be somewhat more forgiving of the throw if he didn't take his time.  You need to assume the running is going in that situation and rush it.  

1 minute ago, Hart said:

So that's another annoying thing about Hinch.  

Hinch gives off Ausmus vibes to me where he is well spoken and a former catcher so people think he's a good manager but mostly he just does annoying things.  

I'm a growing state of contradiction about Hinch. I'm pretty sure he's as good with a bullpen as anyone I've seen. He consistently gets performance out of guys that have no business being in the majors, but as more players continue to do well in AAA then fail in Det, and more young promising players come here from other system's and fail, I just have this growing feeling that somehow - whatever the parameters of the 'system' Hinch is using, it's killing his hitters.

5 minutes ago, Hongbit said:

No RHB on the bench to ph for McKinstry? 

Nope, we give up the tying run on substandard D and still get outmanaged on the match-ups so what is the point of all the swiss army knife infield/outfield players?

Edited by gehringer_2